Author Topic: Can Avast be installed with no problem in an infected computer?  (Read 2673 times)

2009boy

Can Avast be installed with no problem in an infected computer?
« on: February 22, 2009, 03:53:27 AM »
A friend of mine who has a computer with no internet connection thinks it is infected with virus. So can Avast be installed with no problem in an infected computer? I hope the viruses that are in that computer don't block the full installation of Avast.
I have no idea of what virus might be in that computer. The computer normally freezes while using it and then doesn't respond anymore. And so he has to reset or turn it off and then turn it on again in order to continue using the computer.
What type of virus might be?
« Last Edit: February 22, 2009, 03:56:43 AM by 2009boy »

ardvark

Re: Can Avast be installed with no problem in an infected computer?
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2009, 04:28:34 AM »
Hi...

avast may install on an infected computer but it's likely that it will become corrupted and/or compromised in some way, rendering it useless. From what you've described and what we know at this point, this may be a software or hardware issue. If the system is able accomplish this, I would first recommend a regimen created by Tech, a fellow member of the forum. Just scroll down to post #4.

I would also suggest an online virus scan be performed by one of these...

http://housecall65.trendmicro.com/

or

http://www.bitdefender.com/scan8/ie.html

Please post back with the results. :)

May God Bless you! :)
« Last Edit: February 22, 2009, 04:31:12 AM by ardvark »

Mr.Agent

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2009, 09:06:56 PM »
i think yes i see many video on youtube on infected pc and they installed Avast sucessfuly which AVG didnt installed sucessfuly on a infected machine so yea i think avast can be installed on a infected machine !!! Have fun and good luck for fight these malware ! go avast !

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2009, 10:30:03 PM »
Some infections prevent avast from being installed.
Maybe you should clean your computer before. Read the instructions, download and burn (maybe from another computer), finally use one of this rescue CD's:
1. Avira
2. Kaspersky
3. BitDefender
4. F-Secure
5. Dr. Web
The best things in life are free.