Author Topic: email scanning  (Read 3965 times)

nancy1214

email scanning
« on: May 05, 2004, 02:51:58 PM »
New user of Avast- just dumped Nortons due to crummy customer service. Can anyone tell me:
I receive email from both earthlink AND charter, and sent it thru charter. What do I fill in for settings? I only saw space for a single smtp. Can I protect both?
« Last Edit: May 05, 2004, 02:53:26 PM by nancy1214 »

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
Re:email scanning
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2004, 03:09:32 PM »
Hi :)
Use avast! Mail Protection Wizard located in Start menu.
Use Automatic protect all accounts and select protect all that i create in the future.

Or if you can tell me which mail client are you using,i could explain you more detailed :)
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2004, 02:03:38 PM »
New user of Avast- just dumped Nortons due to crummy customer service. Can anyone tell me:
I receive email from both earthlink AND charter, and sent it thru charter. What do I fill in for settings? I only saw space for a single smtp. Can I protect both?

avast team, please, change the dialog (and/or help files) of Mail Protection Wizard about the default pop/smtp server... It's annoying have to explain all the time.  ;D

Nancy, that pop/smtp servers are just the 'default' ones. They would be used to send files to Alwil Software (for virus analysis for instance) and in special email accounts configurated to use 'default' servers.

avast really works with multiple smtp/pop servers, just run MPW and choose the options of your email program  ;)
The best things in life are free.

shgoh

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2004, 02:47:15 PM »
avast team, please, change the dialog (and/or help files) of Mail Protection Wizard about the default pop/smtp server... It's annoying have to explain all the time.  ;D

agreed!!!....we are having lots of questions regarding email scanning