Author Topic: I can't open the hard drives or any folder after a re-boot scan!!!  (Read 2654 times)

Uchchash

I can't open any of my hard drives or folders after a re-boot scan of Avast!4.8Home Edition. Avast detected viruses when I first installed it and opened it. It asked me to re-boot so that it can scan and I did it as it requested. There were 324 infected files in my computer - Avast! stated after scanning, -  most of which  were System Files and Windows 32 system.I deleted some programs which was infected by win32:tjr virus and others,as it was unable to repair or be moved to the chest.One of them to mention is    Press.exe(C:/System Volume Information/Press.exe./A0000824,etc.)I think this is the problem. Is it true? Please help me and tll me what can I do .

FARHAN ISHRAK AHMED.
farhan.steelmen@gmail.com
Dhaka,Bangladesh 

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: I can't open the hard drives or any folder after a re-boot scan!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2009, 06:42:22 PM »
What errors are displayed when you try to open them ?

Can you give some examples of the file names, malware name and location of the file/s.
Check the avast! Log Viewer (right click the avast 'a' icon), Warning section, this contains information on all avast detections. Or check the source file using notepad C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\DATA\log\Warning.log

You may have to try using some other file management software if you are unable to use explorer or connect the drive as a slave on another system to try and access that log file. See, http://www.snapfiles.com/Freeware/system/fwfilemanagement.html.

It looks like you have a serious infection for it to have infected 324 files and your system could be too compromised to be recovered.

Deletion isn't really a good first option (you have none left), 'first do no harm' don't delete, send virus to the chest and investigate.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: I can't open the hard drives or any folder after a re-boot scan!!!
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2009, 06:54:33 PM »
Uchchash, it's not good to let your email address published as you can receive spam from spambots.
The best things in life are free.