Author Topic: On sign off getting the msg: CD-ROM inserted in drive screen....  (Read 4030 times)

ozhawk

Can anyone tell me what is causing this.  I have checked the drives on several occassions and it is empty. 

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

P.S.  Are there no uninstaller programs that would work with Vista 64-bit?

Many Thanks
os

CharleyO

Re: On sign off getting the msg: CD-ROM inserted in drive screen....
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2009, 12:40:02 AM »

Where is the msg coming from ... Windows, etc?

ozhawk

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2009, 01:41:24 AM »
It is an Avast (Full screen) Msg.  After cancelling the shutdown and I get back to the desktop there is another popup stating - avast!: CD in drive....(title)....(body states).... avast! detected that there is a CD-Rom inserted in the drive. In order to properly log off and/or shut down your computer, you need to remove the disc from the drive, to avoid possible virus infection.  (I tried to do a screen print and place it in wordpad, but it wouldn't be accepted (file extension)).

Many Thanks

CharleyO

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2009, 02:42:53 AM »

Right click the avast "a" ball  >  Program settings  >  uncheck the box for "check CDs in drive when logging off."

See the image below. Click once to enlarge the image.

« Last Edit: April 24, 2009, 02:44:58 AM by CharleyO »

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2009, 02:57:09 AM »
Right click the avast "a" ball  >  Program settings  >  uncheck the box for "check CDs in drive when logging off."

As CharleyO mentions uncheck that option, however, this option is disabled by default, so if enabled you have been tweaking the settings without knowing the full actions of what it will do.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

ozhawk

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2009, 01:42:30 AM »
Thanks a lot for the help and that was exactly what was wrong.  I thought that this option was an "if, then" kind of thing. Like if there is a disk left in the drive, then scan for viruses, but when there wasn't a disk complete shutdown.  I guess that is what I get for thinking.  (As we used to say...I thought like Lit, and got burnt.) Ha, ha, ha.

Thanks A Lot for the heads up and the help.
I Love Avast....now I will try to take the time to learn at least one thing new everyday.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2009, 02:06:48 AM »
No problem, glad I could help.

A belated welcome to the forums.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

CharleyO

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2009, 07:39:13 AM »

Welcome to the forums, ozhawk.   :)

I am happy to have helped you.