Author Topic: quick player, windows media,stop working  (Read 1597 times)

sham1313

quick player, windows media,stop working
« on: April 30, 2009, 11:19:01 PM »
     I am not sure how to words this. I was a member of windows live for about 1 year,and they gave me the avast URL to ask question on the avast virus scanner. I am sure I will have other question to ask about the avast scanner. now that I am a member here I would like ask all my question here. I think it would be easier for me to ask all my question in one spot.
      one day I was doing a lot of updating also 1 or 2 downloads. I am not sure if it happen then the trouble that I am having now or not. before I did all of that both the quickplayer & the windows media player worked right now they do not.
      after I did the last one witch was the quickplay witch is the one that would just start up on it own and played either a CD or a DVD. just where you have your mouse hovering. you see a tiny circle going round and round for a few seconds and stops. I have to click on the E drive to get it even doing that small amount. windows media would just do only that little bit too. later. I tried again. quickplay would only do that little bit again and windows media was a very very slow starter but it would start. it only played the sample tunes that came with the computer.  I will try to fine what information you might need. if it is not right let me what and where to fine please.
       I  guess I will need to ask you what information you need and where to fine it? I have look under property of windows media all saw was the size witch was 1.75. the part here I do get is why it Say's the size is 4.00 KB {4.096 bytes} I thought once windows media or quick player that would come up on the screen. then I could click  help menu and fine some information there you may need but I saw no help that had information on either player. I click on options in windows media, and these were the tab you could click  but did now know if there was any thing you might need. I did not know what I should do.1st tab said player,then rip music,devices,burn,performance,plug-in privacy, security, DVD, network. I was wanting this to get this sent out this morning. But I just now got it done.
thanks Sharon sham1313.