Do you LOVE Avast?

Yes
25 (92.6%)
No
2 (7.4%)
What is Avast?
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Do you LOVE Avast?  (Read 7550 times)

JAM-Computers

Do you LOVE Avast?
« on: May 13, 2004, 12:00:20 AM »
Please Vote
I think we all appreciate the hard work and generosity of the Avast crew.

Please Vote
Yes --- Why?
No --- Why?
What is Avast? --- Why are you here?

Why did you choose Avast to be your Anti-Virus?

This is a way to show our appreciation, and to speak our minds about this great product.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2004, 12:17:23 AM by JAM-Computers »

JAM-Computers

Re:Do you LOVE Avast?
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2004, 12:09:20 AM »
Ok, I'll start I was using NAV and my subscription came up again.  I sighed heavily and decided I was tired of using NAV I started searching the net for an alternative, when I came across AVG I thought cool a free anti-virus.  But using it was "YUCK" and I didn't feel confident in the product.  But now the FREE word was stuck in my head so I ventured to www.majorgeeks.com
and found another one named Avast after installing I ran a boot time scan and Avast found two virus's that NAV and AVG simply didn't catch.  I was impressed and decided that this would be my program of choice.  It is very feature laden for a Free program.  I have since shown it to numerous friends, and suggested it to an auditorium of college students.  Thank you, Avast team.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2004, 12:11:06 AM by JAM-Computers »

Offline .: Mac :.

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2004, 01:29:23 AM »
I was useing Command Antivirus (still do as a backup scanner)
They were purchased By authentium.  Welll welllllllll. Authentium that name sounds familiar oh yes curtians for windows! Famous for purchasing companies, putting their technology in Curtians and then leaving the origonal product to die! WellFirst thing I noticed was command software systems was no longer supporting the product, instead authentium had taken over. So when i called about A product renewal they had no Idea of the loyal customer discount I was supposed to get. So i dumped them and found Avast Home. after 3 months I purchased avast professional. a few weeks ago I purchased command agian just so I could use it as a second opinion scanner.
"People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware." - Alan Kay

Awake

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2004, 01:31:48 AM »
I think the support system along with the program is great especially for us who is not that great with the workings of a computer like myself .... ;D ;)

I was using AVG but started to have problems with the up dates and my computer fellow told me to try this one he was very impressed with the findings on it so I downloaded it and have been happy ever since .

I am only running Avast ....SpyBot ...and the firewall on XP and have had nothing bad come through .
« Last Edit: May 13, 2004, 01:38:15 AM by Awake »

Offline MikeBCda

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2004, 02:07:49 AM »
I'm something of an old-timer, was taught in the old days to never scan a computer from a program on the same computer.  After first acquiring internet access, about 6 or 7 years ago, I still did scans from "outside", places like HouseCall.

I first got referred to avast a couple of years ago by friends at one of my online medical support groups -- they commented that on a number of occasions avast had caught things for them that had slipped past Norton.

And of course discovering the great support forums here, and learning what a nightmare NAV can be, only came afterwards, and were icing on the cake, so to speak.  :)
Intel Atom D2700, 2 gig RAM, Win 7 x64 SP1 & IE-11, Firefox 51.0
(default). 320 gig HD, 15Mb DSL, Win firewall, Avast 12.3.2280 free, SpywareBlaster, MBAM Prem., Crypto-Prevent

Offline bob3160

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • 64 Years of Happiness
    • bob3160 Protecting Yourself, Your Computer and, Your Identity
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2004, 02:52:13 AM »
Do you LOVE Avast?
Now that's a silly question. Actually, I hate Avast!
Before I get creamed, let me explain....
I hate the fact that it took me so long to find Avast.
I've struggled with McAfee, been abused by NAV and disappointed with Panda.
Why didn't I find Avast! sooner? :'(
I hope that answers the question. :)
Free Security Seminar: https://bit.ly/bobg2023  -  Important: http://www.organdonor.gov/ -- My Web Site: http://bob3160.strikingly.com/ - Win 11 Pro v24H2 64bit, 32 Gig Ram, 1TB SSD, Avast Free 24.4.6112, How to Successfully Install Avast http://goo.gl/VLXdeRepair & Clean Install https://goo.gl/t7aJGq -- My Online Activity https://bit.ly/BobGInternet

shgoh

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2004, 03:09:27 AM »
Do you LOVE Avast?
Now that's a silly question.

posting this poll in avast! forums??...sounds seriously quite silly to me!...no offence though...i thought the answers would be pretty obvious!
« Last Edit: May 13, 2004, 03:23:52 AM by shgoh »

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2004, 05:24:26 AM »
Do I have to answer?  ;D
The best things in life are free.

CharleyO

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2004, 05:39:26 AM »

Hmmm ... what is there not to love about avast!?    ???    ;D  

neal62

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2004, 06:19:22 AM »
I have used McAfee, Norton, and AVG. I have found for my purposes that Avast beats all of them hands down. No more to say other than I appreciate the effort of the Devs. The forum feature with this product is great. ;D

bear020369

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2004, 06:46:29 AM »
I agree with the others.  I just wish that I'd found this program sooner.  I have used Norton, McAfee, Avg and PCCillin in the past and NONE of them have picked up viruses that Avast picked up when I first scanned my computer.

I am so thankful that I came across this program when I was sick of the above 4 programs.

Well done on creating a fabulous program, developers.  There isn't enough credit for the work you people put into creating this program.

JAM-Computers

« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2004, 04:17:07 PM »
It may SEEM like a silly question but really it's not.  It gives a chance for us newbs and some of you old pro's(farts  ;D) to shout out for this incredible program.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2004, 07:43:50 PM »
Despite only having used Avast Home for 8 days, even with a few little hiccups (user Interface) nothing can be taken away from its effectiveness.

I have used 1. McAfee, 2. PC-cillin and 3. AVG, these are the ones I used regularly for any length of time. I heard too many stories about Norton and compatibility issues with other software not to try it.

I can honestly say I Love Avast 4 Home  ;D by comparison.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

stoney

« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2004, 10:10:07 PM »
 i think  i  will  allways  love  Avast,  been  running  avast  
for  about  6  months  no  probs,  after  disasters  with  norton?  avast  is  just  fantastic, and  i  have  even  converted  some  AVG  fans  and  they think  it  is  great  as  well, yes  i  think  i  must  be  in  love  with  avast, and  long  may  it  continue

Stoney

CoJo

« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2004, 11:15:42 PM »
It may SEEM like a silly question but really it's not.  It gives a chance for us newbs and some of you old pro's(farts  ;D) to shout out for this incredible program.

well, of course... I love Avast!, it's developers, ...well the whole shebang ;D
but the forums are so grand...so many teachers willing to share and guide and help 8)
Thank You All

cojo
one of the old farts