Author Topic: How To Scan !  (Read 4651 times)

Hya

How To Scan !
« on: May 04, 2009, 07:36:47 PM »
When complete scan your system by SUPERAntiSpyWare ? (every 3 days, every 3 weeks and ...)

When boot-time scan your system by avast! Antivirus ?

When scan our system by avast! Antirootkit and avast! Cleaner ?

Offline Omid Farhang

• Frontend Developer
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • I wish I could write longer personal text!!
    • Homepage
Re: How To Scan !
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2009, 07:47:11 PM »
When complete scan your system by SUPERAntiSpyWare ? (every 3 days, every 3 weeks and ...)

I only do it after find a malware in my windows and after clean that malware by other AV and antispyware. just as chance!

I don't do, I know it take a long time, instead I use Avira Rescue System.
The Avira AntiVir Rescue System a linux-based application that allows accessing computers that cannot be booted anymore. Thus it is possible to repair a damaged system, to rescue data or to scan the system for virus infections. Just double-click on the rescue system package to burn it to a CD/DVD. You can then use this CD/DVD to boot your computer. The Avira AntiVir Rescue System is updated several times a day so that the most recent security updates are always available. You can download it from here.
After burn it to disc, use it to boot your computer and do a full scan and remove anything that it find.

since you have avast! av installed it's not needed any more to use them, only avast! anti rootkit can be useful when you know you have one...
Twitter: OmidFarhangEn - OS: Manjaro KDE

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2009, 07:52:02 PM »
I've dropped it down due to lack of detection.

Only when I had problems, which is very rare. avast resident does the job.

If you have avast resident you don't need to do that. The antirootkit scanning is done each boot and the Cleaner is a very limited version of full avast antivirus, no need to run it.
The best things in life are free.

onlysomeone

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2009, 07:53:58 PM »
The following is just my opinion...  ;)

Don't use SAS - but if I'd use it I would not scan more often than every month. Or if I'm afraid of a possible infection.

If I'm afraid of a possible infection...
Normally I use a customized thorough scan every month or less often.

Never. This things are included in the Antivirus and in my opinion not necessary to be run individually...

I probably am not as afraid of Malware as other users of this forum are which scan daily... ;D

yours
onlysomeone

Hya

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2009, 08:13:47 PM »
very thanks  :)

Offline Omid Farhang

• Frontend Developer
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
    • Homepage
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2009, 08:18:54 PM »

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2009, 09:16:41 PM »
I've dropped it down due to lack of detection.
<snip>

Sorry Tech, but is your system so riddled with malware and SAS is missing it to make this statement ?

So I wouldn't expect it to find anything on your system, but that doesn't mean it has bad detection rates. Because effectively you are saying it has poor detection, at least that is how I feel people reading this will interpret your comment. When we only need to check the forums to see that this isn't so of SAS detections.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD - 27" external monitor 1440p 2560x1440 resolution - avast! free  24.9.6130 (build 24.9.9452.762) UI 1.0.818/ Firefox, uBlock Origin Lite, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Omid Farhang

• Frontend Developer
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
    • Homepage
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2009, 09:44:35 PM »
Sorry Tech, but is your system so riddled with malware and SAS is missing it to make this statement ?

So I wouldn't expect it to find anything on your system, but that doesn't mean it has bad detection rates. Because effectively you are saying it has poor detection, at least that is how I feel people reading this will interpret your comment. When we only need to check the forums to see that this isn't so of SAS detections.
about this one, I'm with you DavidR... I agree

Offline polonus

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • malware fighter
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2009, 09:46:54 PM »
Hi Hya,

I do the Quick Scans more often, that is with MBAM and SAS. The full scan just once per month is a good rule of thumb. Also I perform a Quick Scan with DrWebCureIt latest updated version once every fortnight,
important is to keep all your anti malware scanners fully updated and patches, I do that every day (some update automatically_ with avast, TrendMicro RUBotted, Comodo BO Clean, MBAM, SAS, SpywareBlaster,
and have an occasional look in event logs with EventLog Explorer, also update all my in-browser security add-ons/extensions in Firefox and flock browser: firekeeper, CSP, NoScript, Perspectives, RequestPolicy, FoxBeacon, CookieSafe, DrWeb's av link scanner add-on, finjan Secure Browsing add-on, and that sums it up so to say, OK, and also my firewall is updated automatically, for checking all the other third party software updates I use Secunia PSI,

polonus
Cybersecurity is more of an attitude than anything else. Avast Evangelists.

Use NoScript, a limited user account and a virtual machine and be safe(r)!