Author Topic: My email..........still!  (Read 2847 times)

Taboomeesha

My email..........still!
« on: May 15, 2004, 06:29:51 AM »
Alrighty, well I had written in before about my email, and the 127.0.0.1 thing.  I got that sorted out.

But I'm at my wits end!  Ever since installed Avast, my email crashes on me all the time.  I either get an illegal action with my MSMIN or it just freezes.

Please help!  I'm seriously thinking of removing it!  And it's the best thing I've found for finding viruses.

Wendy

shgoh

Re:My email..........still!
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2004, 09:54:21 AM »
sorry...but is MSMIN your email client? ???

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2004, 01:23:02 PM »
msimn.exe (task manager), is MicroSoft Internet Mail and News, the executable running your email program, probably Outlook Express?

Although you may as you say have sorted the 127.0.0.1 thing, you may not have resolved everything.

Check out the Avast Help file @ Windows 'Start' (buton)> All Programs > Avast > Help. Since you have been manually adjusting the email setings, check out the 'Setting up the Mail Protection' and the 'Manual setting of mail protection' section in particular. Here you can confirm if, what you have done is it correct, if there more to do, etc.

Unfortunately you don't give us much to work with in your post, a copy of the error message would I'm sure be helpful to those more knowledgable than I in these things.

HTH - David
« Last Edit: May 15, 2004, 01:26:13 PM by DavidR »
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Taboomeesha

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2004, 07:13:11 PM »
I'm so sorry, I did leave out the important stuff!  Silly me :-\

I use Outlook Express 6 yes.

I will definitely look into the help menu and see if I can fix it up.

Thank you both!