Author Topic: ashWebSrv.exe in Windows Task Manager so high sometimes?  (Read 7540 times)

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: ashWebSrv.exe in Windows Task Manager so high sometimes?
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2009, 03:30:52 PM »
Yes highly likely, but it doesn't explain why there is no data in it.

That is because of one of my pet hates with Microsoft, the don't display known file types, yes MS know what a .log file is. The user however, when trying to find it is stuffed because MS sodding hides the file type of 'known' types by default.

These changes to your file settings help a lot when trying to find files using explorer:
- Ensure that you have hidden files and folders enabled and disable hide system files in Windows Explorer, Tools, Folder Options, Hidden files and folders, uncheck Hide extensions for known file types, etc. see image.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

luckyvic

« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2009, 07:31:58 PM »
Yes highly likely, but it doesn't explain why there is no data in it.

That is because of one of my pet hates with Microsoft, the don't display known file types, yes MS know what a .log file is. The user however, when trying to find it is stuffed because MS sodding hides the file type of 'known' types by default.

These changes to your file settings help a lot when trying to find files using explorer:
- Ensure that you have hidden files and folders enabled and disable hide system files in Windows Explorer, Tools, Folder Options, Hidden files and folders, uncheck Hide extensions for known file types, etc. see image.

Thanks for your help. I tried that and still no AshWebSv.log. I'm going to stop now trying to fix this. Maybe when the new version will fix this. Unless you think uninstalling Avast completely and doing a clean install could resolve this?

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2009, 08:01:32 PM »
I don't know if there is anything to fix, if there was then it wouldn't be just you, I wouldn't be able to create it or populate the file with data. So as I said I really don't know why this isn't working on your system.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security