Author Topic: Having a problem re-registering Laptop  (Read 6800 times)

Benji

Re: Having a problem re-registering Laptop
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2009, 02:34:42 AM »
 ;DOK guy's, solved the problem!! I kept registering, putting the sites in my address book,inbox was not full & checking the spam folder everyday, all to no avail!

The answer was to change the E-mail site!! For some reason Verizon will not work!!!

I inserted my alias E-mail at yahoo.com & voila' it worked, no problemo. Got my "key" & pasted it into the box. Now my expiration is August 1,2010.

cheers,Wayne

Benji

« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2009, 05:12:41 AM »
 For some reason Verizon will not work!!!

OK, I stand corrected& I don't know why! I just went & checked my Verizon E-mail & there's 7 Verifications from  Avast in the inbox!! Go Figure!Went back & checked again & all seven have the same key!
Anyway I'm glad my problem is solved
cheers,Wayne

I]
« Last Edit: June 01, 2009, 04:08:32 AM by Benji »

erinG

« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2009, 08:44:05 PM »
I'm having a problem with my Avast Home Edition as well... the last 2 days I get a black and red screen that tells me I have to pay $60.00 in order to browse... I can't go anywhere except hotmail... I tried to go to support and I get the same screen... I have received a "key" and uninstalled Avast, but I get the same screen.. and am unable to even go to the Avast website... PLEASE HELP...

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2009, 08:51:04 PM »
This really should be in a post of its own in the viruses & worms forum as it is totally unrelated, but to get you started (so post any response, log files mentioned, etc. in a new topic):

Sounds like malware as that isn't any avast message as confirmed you get it even without avast installed.

If you haven't already got this software (freeware), download, install, update and run it and report the findings (it should product a log file).

Don't worry about reported tracking cookies they are a minor issue and not one of securty, allow SAS to deal with them though.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

erinG

« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2009, 10:42:38 PM »
thanx for that... i was able to re-install Avast Home, it's scanning as we speak... My mother has had the Home Edition for ever and has never had a problem.. She told me about the Avast Icon with a red circle with the X, I have never paid attention to that, so it's possible that happened and I wasn't aware...

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2009, 10:45:30 PM »
She told me about the Avast Icon with a red circle with the X
This is a bad signal... maybe avast is not correctly installed...
She could try to repair her installation:
Go to Control Panel > Add/Remove programs > avast! antivirus > Remove. Then choose Repair function in the popup window (Repair).
If this does not help, can you uninstall / boot / install / boot again?
The best things in life are free.

erinG

« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2009, 10:58:16 PM »
Ok, she said she "repaired" and the message was the it was "successfully updated"...