Author Topic: Managed Client Resident Protection is Disabled after AMS change  (Read 4721 times)

itoff

I desperately need someone's help!

Recently, we installed a new server on our network to replace the old server that we had.  The ADNM and managed avast server was installed on the new server, just as with the old.  At no point were the old and new servers connected to the same network at the same time.  Right now the old server is not in use.

Anyways, since I installed the new server, all the managed clients have their resident protection setting set to DISABLED.  I cannot get it to change to standard.  So, in the task tray there is the a icon with the little red sign to say it is disabled.  I have already changed the setting for the AMS server that they point to, since the ip address of the network is now, 192.168.7.*, when with the old server the ip address was 192.168.0.*.  So, I had to go to the properties of the computer catalog and change the AMS to point to the new ip address of the server, which is 192.168.7.1, instead of 192.168.0.1.  Now, all the clients have their AMS address to be the new server, 192.168.7.1; I checked it using aswchams.exe on the clients.

However, I do not know what to do to get the resident protection on the managed clients to not be disabled.  They one became disabled since the switch to the new server.  Please help me, someone!  How do I turn on the managed clients' resident protection again?

Thanks,
Mike

jjuers

Re: Managed Client Resident Protection is Disabled after AMS change
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2009, 12:17:47 PM »
Mike,

I have the same problem. did you get an answer regarding the disable problem?

James ???

itoff

Re: Managed Client Resident Protection is Disabled after AMS change
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2009, 02:47:26 PM »
Hi James,

Actually, yes!  I did figure out the solution.  What you have to do is go to each workstation, boot in to Safe Mode.  Then go to Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Services.  THere will be at least one Avast-related service that is not started that has something other than "Local System" in the "Log on as" field.  You have to go into the properties of the avast service, click on "Log on", then select "Local System account" and check "Allow service to interact with desktop".  Then click "OK".  Then restart the computer and boot normally.

You have to go into safe mode, because if you don't it won't allow you to change the "Log on" details.

Hope this works for you.

Regards,
Mike