Author Topic: boot-up scan??  (Read 3583 times)

greenlight 711

boot-up scan??
« on: May 20, 2004, 07:34:01 PM »
i'm new to avast, i only installed yesterday...
but can someone help? whenever the pc boots up, it starts to scan, i don't know what type of scan it is and i may have my settings incorrect, could someone please tell me how to disable this....everything else is working fine..
many thanks  :)

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re:boot-up scan??
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2004, 08:09:21 PM »
Hi,  Wecome to the Avast Forums.

Usually avast does a memory scan after boot and this should only take a few seconds. This is a default action and I would advise against disabling it.

If this is after your first reboot after installation? Then this is to ensure that you have a clean start state and should only happen once, unless of course you change a setting to do a check on the next boot.

I'm sorry not to be able to give a more detailed answer, this would require a more detailed question.

My advice would be to have a browse through the Avast Help file - Windows Start button, All programs, Avast, Help.

HTH - David
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

greenlight 711

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2004, 08:14:59 PM »
Thanks David....
Yes it was my first boot-up after installation....

Martin

Offline vojtech

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2004, 09:39:50 AM »
Please start regedit.exe, go to menu File->Export, type 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager' to the 'Selected branch' field, save it to a file and send me the file by email. Thank you.