Author Topic: Problems with Mirc  (Read 3187 times)

Liquid_Edge

Problems with Mirc
« on: May 24, 2004, 12:03:17 AM »
First, let me thank you for a great product.  I have tried norton, mcaffee and many others and this program is great. The problem that I am having is with mirc 6.14 . I am running that version of mirc with the popular Invision script on it.  Using regular mirc I have no problems with avast. However using Invision with it gives me a headache. The problem is I am on dialup.  When I start connecting to mirc it takes forever loading the motd and then with the ident. By the time I get connected I havent identified quickly enough and my nick gets changed.  I have found if I click Stop on Access Protection and Exit in avast then it loads fine and is very quick.  I am not running a firewall or anything.  The problem seems to be between avast and Invision. Has anyone else had this issue with it and if so what did you do to resolve it. The machine I am having the problems on is win2k and my other pc is windows xp with the same results.  I dont want to disable my antivirus just to use irc.  Cause that is when I need it the most. If anyone has the answer to this, please email me and let me know. I will also be checking here. Thank you, Liquid_Edge

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
Re:Problems with Mirc
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2004, 10:17:28 AM »
Does it help if you disable the "Instant Messaging" provider from the resident protection control window?

weare138420

Re:Problems with Mirc
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2004, 07:32:53 AM »
mine ran slow too, until i turned off the MOTD in my mirc/script options, then it started signing on faster and putting in my password faster for me. i dont know if you have an auto indentify option on your script, but if you dont that would prob help you indetify faster aswell.