Author Topic: win32NcaseSpy[Trj  (Read 3490 times)

Gizmo42

win32NcaseSpy[Trj
« on: May 24, 2004, 07:27:18 AM »
Here is another one that avast is having trouble getting rid of. This showed up on my sisters xp home system. The file it showed this last time was c:\windows\critcp.exe.tmp but the infected file names keep changing. The only thing they have in common is they all end with .exe.tmp. I havent been able to find any info on this. Has anyone seen this one yet?

I seached the drive and deleted (not just moved to the recycle bin) all .exe.tmp files but it still shows up. I ran out of time and didnt get to try anything else. It always shows up when windows first boots up. They have dsl but no wireless, I know that question gets asked on here sometimes. They also have a software firewall running.

Regards,
Dave

helenmccollum

Re:win32NcaseSpy[Trj
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2004, 03:11:48 PM »
hi, have the same virus,tried everything,and then i went to add and remove programs and found a program i did  not install, it is called
"180 search assistant",removed it and it was a pain to remove because after i hit remove a notice came up that said will not remove till you restart,at this point puter was somewaht frozen but i was ab;e to hit restart,it was then that the program began to remove,during the
removal it kept asking if i wanted to keep it,it did this several times but
i kept hitting uninstall,it finally got removed,when i rebooted the virus did  not come back up. ggods luck  helen

chrisakins

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2004, 09:30:54 PM »
There is a kind of spyware (? or some such malware) out there called a "CoolWeb Browser".  SpyBot and AdAware won't get rid of this, and as long as it's on your computer you'll continuously get trojans, including this one.  Get CW Shredder; it runs in about 5-10 seconds and will solve the problem.  Then do one more Avast scan and you should be cool.  This also works for cleaning up trojan-gen, trojano and revop.  You can get CW Shredder by going to www.komando.com and surfing to "Kim's Shareware Picks"

Gizmo42

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2004, 07:02:04 AM »
Thanks for the replies. I finally got a chance to check out their puter again. It did have the "180" thing. Got that uninstalled then ran adaware and spybot. They found all kinds of stuff on there and got rid of it all. Now everything is working perfectly.

Regards,
Dave