Author Topic: avast! 4.8 pro + Outpost fw pro = sandboxie service don't work! ???  (Read 5885 times)

Offline Omid Farhang

• Frontend Developer
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • I wish I could write longer personal text!!
    • Homepage
when I install both avast! 4.8 pro and outpost firewall pro my sandbox does not work, icon come in taskbar but blinking and sandboxie service don't run... is it my windows problem or it's Outpost problem? Does every friend else has this problem, but anyway it look likes it's not avast! problem, because after removing outpost problem has been sloved and it's now running fine with this configuration

avast version: 4.8.1335
Online Armor Premium: 3.5.0.32
(Uninstalled) Outpost Firewall Pro: 6.7 (2954.446.0710)
(Uninstalled) Avira Premium Security Suite: 9
(Uninstalled) PC Tools Spyware Doctor with Antivirus: 6.0.1.441
MBAM Pro: 1.39
SUPERAntiSpyware Pro: 4.26.1006
(Disabled) Windows Defender
Twitter: OmidFarhangEn - OS: Manjaro KDE

mevcit

Re: avast! 4.8 pro + Outpost fw pro = sandboxie service don't work! ???
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2009, 12:55:19 PM »
When i was using Vista, i used to get the same problem at times, not constantly though. In such cases, run the service manually by the services manager. As i said, this problem didn't occur on every startup on my system. I think it isn't a conflicting with the programs you listed (it may be related with the OS), but let's see what the other ppl think on this issue.

Offline Omid Farhang

• Frontend Developer
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
    • Homepage
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2009, 01:02:49 PM »
When i was using Vista, i used to get the same problem at times, not constantly though. In such cases, run the service manually by the services manager. As i said, this problem didn't occur on every startup on my system. I think it isn't a conflicting with the programs you listed (it may be related with the OS), but let's see what the other ppl think on this issue.

I know, I ran the service manually too when I had that problem, service start and after 1 or 0.5 second close itself again, I think it's a conflict in Vista+Outpost+avast

mevcit

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2009, 01:07:38 PM »
Hmm, i don't know then because the service didn't close itself again on my system.

Offline bob3160

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • 64 Years of Happiness
    • bob3160 Protecting Yourself, Your Computer and, Your Identity
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2009, 03:19:50 PM »
Omid,
Have you tried it just using avast! and the built in vista firewall?
Free Security Seminar: https://bit.ly/bobg2023  -  Important: http://www.organdonor.gov/ -- My Web Site: http://bob3160.strikingly.com/ - Win 11 Pro v24H2 64bit, 32 Gig Ram, 1TB SSD, Avast Free 24.4.6112, How to Successfully Install Avast http://goo.gl/VLXdeRepair & Clean Install https://goo.gl/t7aJGq -- My Online Activity https://bit.ly/BobGInternet

Offline Omid Farhang

• Frontend Developer
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
    • Homepage
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2009, 04:43:48 PM »
Omid,
Have you tried it just using avast! and the built in vista firewall?
I LOVE feeling of high security!! so Windows Vista Built in Firewall is not enough for my desire of security!!

anyway now with the configuration I wrote above it's working now... just wish Online Armor was more cheap...!

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2009, 04:46:27 PM »
Well I have no problem with avast Home and Outpost Firewall Pro 2009 ver. 6.5.4 (2525.381.0687), I haven't got the latest OP Firewall Pro version and no problems.

I don't know what may have changed in the latest version of OP, but I tend to be a little slower in updating OP as I have seen too many people burnt by jumping too quick.

I do know however that in OP there are some files beginning with sandbox (see image), so I don't know if it is running some sort of sandbox function. If that is the case then there is a possibility that there could be conflict with other sandboxes, this however is something you would need to chase up at the outpost firewall forum.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Omid Farhang

• Frontend Developer
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
    • Homepage
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2009, 08:24:14 PM »
Well I have no problem with avast Home and Outpost Firewall Pro 2009 ver. 6.5.4 (2525.381.0687), I haven't got the latest OP Firewall Pro version and no problems.

I don't know what may have changed in the latest version of OP, but I tend to be a little slower in updating OP as I have seen too many people burnt by jumping too quick.

I do know however that in OP there are some files beginning with sandbox (see image), so I don't know if it is running some sort of sandbox function. If that is the case then there is a possibility that there could be conflict with other sandboxes, this however is something you would need to chase up at the outpost firewall forum.

Thanks for response, now I believe it's outpost problem, because I test OP+Avira and again Sandboxie stopped working

but, David!! I highly recommended you to upgrade to latest version of Outpost pro (if you don't use sandboxie!!) because after a long time there are a good change log for it!! ;)
http://www.agnitum.com/products/outpost/history.php

Sm3K3R

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2009, 08:43:40 PM »
Tested Avast 4.8 free with the trial of Outpost Pro and Sandboxie and they get along in Windows XP SP 3 without problems.

timcan

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2009, 09:05:59 PM »

Thanks for response, now I believe it's outpost problem, because I test OP+Avira and again Sandboxie stopped working

Hi, I've had outpost pro  (6.5.2358.316.0607) and sandboxie (paid version) along with dr. web  :-[ installed on a vista home premium
 laptop for quite some time now and works fine.
I did however install sandboxie with outpost in learn mode though. :)

Sm3K3R

« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2009, 09:48:04 PM »
Maybe he should install Avast ->Sanboxie -> Outpost ,in this order.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2009, 10:02:16 PM »
<snip>

but, David!! I highly recommended you to upgrade to latest version of Outpost pro (if you don't use sandboxie!!) because after a long time there are a good change log for it!! ;)
http://www.agnitum.com/products/outpost/history.php

Thanks,

I do monitor what is coming up in updates and most of the updates (support for windows 7, improves anti-spyware [don't use], Vista fixes, etc.) don't really have an impact on me using XP Pro. So when something isn't broken on my version I really hang back and let any wrinkles be ironed out.

Given what RNfromTN said about his OP version and sandboxie working I have to wonder if something in the update broke the ability to use sandboxie, it is these potential wrinkles/gremlins that I mean.

Since your version is only 3 days old it really is one to wait for it to mature, unless the update is for a serious security update.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security