Author Topic: id12 stops splash memory scan  (Read 5552 times)

jnamiyo

id12 stops splash memory scan
« on: July 25, 2009, 01:22:49 AM »
My machine is infected by a virus, I am assuming it is id12, when I log in I only get my background and nothing else, after a while the machine just locks up.

I ran the avast splash screen from the comand line, I was able to open task manager and start cmd as a new task, that tests the memory and startup and it stalled when it got to the id12.exe. It went no where after that.

Any help?

I also have a laptop that is running PC toold Intelliscan, should I disable that and run only
avast!?

Thanks for any help.

Offline Tarq57

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • If at first you don’t succeed; call it version 1.0
Re: id12 stops splash memory scan
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2009, 01:33:20 AM »
Welcome to the forum,
The problem is almost certainly caused by running two AV's resident.
Shouldn't be done, and in most cases, can't.
You will need to fully uninstall any other AV present before Avast can run correctly.
Windows 10,Windows Firewall,Firefox w/Adblock.

jnamiyo

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2009, 03:34:08 AM »
Thanks, I did that on my laptop but my PC is still the one with the id12.exe file that avast gets stuck on, I ran the splash screen and as soon as it got to the id12.exe it just stopped. This happens with other files as well, avast just seems to freeze or or something. It just stalls.

Any help on the id12.exe, is this a virus?

cinchez

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2009, 03:35:47 AM »
Send it to www.virustotal.com and post back the results here^^

-AnimeLover^^

jnamiyo

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2009, 05:14:16 AM »
my problemis its on a computer that I cant boot because of this or some other virus.

Here's what happens:

My PC, windowsxp, when booting goes through the password, I enter it, only the background shows up, I can hit wsc, alt del and task manager pops up, I can go into the cmd task and go through the directories. I can go in and locate ashAvast.exe which then runs and gets stuck at ld12.ex (the name is actually ld, not id, my bad) ashAvast also gets stuck with the file iasex.dll, pretty certain thast a virus with that name, I cant find the directory that file is in so I cant delete it.

Long story short; I cant retrieve anything from this computer, I can only go find the file in the cmd screen and hopep it boots up, my point is that Avast seems to get stuck when it scans any virus files.

Offline mkis

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2009, 08:47:19 AM »
Have you tried Safe Mode? Can run Task Manager in Safe Mode.

« Last Edit: July 25, 2009, 08:50:53 AM by mkis »
Avast7 Free, MBAM (on demand), MVPS Hosts

Intel DG41TY, Windows 7 Ultimate, IE9, Google Chrome, 4 GB ram, Secunia PSI, ccleaner, Foxit Reader, Faststone Image viewer, MWSnap.

micky77

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2009, 09:18:54 AM »
iasex.dll, may have keylogging capabilities. So I would use a clean trustworthy pc to change all your passwords.I would keep it off the net too
Also use the clean pc to download some rescue disks. These are programs that will scan your pc,without the need to boot.
Start with Avira, as the others are iso files,and need to be burned as an image. Ther is a link to imgburn in the kaspersky download, if needed

http://forum.avira.com/wbb/index.php?page=Thread&postID=730130#post730130

http://www.raymond.cc/blog/archives/2008/06/16/kaspersky-offers-free-rescue-disk-to-clean-virus-without-booting-in-windows/

http://www.freedrweb.com/livecd

I,ve listed three programs, as they are sometimes problematic,if one does not work,try another

Offline Tarq57

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • If at first you don’t succeed; call it version 1.0
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2009, 10:39:35 AM »
micky beat me to it. (Glad to see we're thinking alike, though.)
Here is a forum link to those mentioned above, plus two more.
Windows 10,Windows Firewall,Firefox w/Adblock.