Author Topic: System restore automatic backup  (Read 3411 times)

alberta

System restore automatic backup
« on: May 26, 2004, 03:18:12 AM »
I am running Win ME and my PC will not take automatic restore points when Avast is running. I have manually disabled all Avast functions and it still fails to take a system restore point automatically (approx every 10 hrs when idle for 2 minutes). When I disable Avast via "run  msconfig" , the system restore takes the scheduled point as per normal. My other PC running win XP works OK, any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.  

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re:System restore automatic backup
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2004, 03:52:39 AM »
I am running Win ME and my PC will not take automatic restore points when Avast is running. I have manually disabled all Avast functions and it still fails to take a system restore point automatically (approx every 10 hrs when idle for 2 minutes). When I disable Avast via "run  msconfig" , the system restore takes the scheduled point as per normal. My other PC running win XP works OK, any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.  

Just a guess, can you finish your VRDB running? (I mean, the blue 'i' icon on the system tray and/or under the 'a' icon menu > VRDB > Generate now...)?

Other possibility, disable the System restore, boot, enable the service again... Will this work?
The best things in life are free.

alberta

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2004, 08:18:23 PM »

Just a guess, can you finish your VRDB running? (I mean, the blue 'i' icon on the system tray and/or under the 'a' icon menu > VRDB > Generate now...)?

Other possibility, disable the System restore, boot, enable the service again... Will this work?

Thanks for your timely reply. I had previously tried a mulitude of things including stopping and restarting system restore with no change to the problem. I can manually take a system restore point without issue.  I had the VRDB disabled, and have now changed it to start when the screensaver comes on, I'm curious to see if that changes anything. If not, I will uninstall and reinstall Avast, perhaps there is something corrupted from the first install.  I will keep you posted on my progress. Thanks.  :P

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2004, 02:59:51 AM »
I will keep you posted on my progress. Thanks.  :P

Thanks.
We will be here trying to help you...
The best things in life are free.