Author Topic: WTF is this virus  (Read 8477 times)

XxCompg33kxX

WTF is this virus
« on: July 29, 2009, 12:15:29 PM »
C:/ and ..../.../clientreport[1].html

and avast said A TROJAN HORSE WAS FOUND

cinchez

Re: WTF is this virus
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2009, 12:41:31 PM »
Would u pls send it to www.virustotal.com for further analysis^^

Then post back the results here^^

Thanks^^

-AnimeLover^^

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2009, 04:03:28 PM »

Presumably this is in your temporary internet files ?

You don't say what the malware name was either, there will have been a little more than a trojan. So without more information there is no way to say what it is ?
Check the avast! Log Viewer (right click the avast 'a' icon), Warning section, this contains information on all avast detections. C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashLogV.exe

- Or check the source file using notepad C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\DATA\log\Warning.log and copy and paste the entry.

If from the Temporary internet files I wouldn't spend much time investigating at all, just clear the temporary internet files (using your browser)
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

XxCompg33kxX

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2009, 12:55:18 PM »
It comes up every time i start and how do you clean it out in FF 3.5

XxCompg33kxX

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2009, 01:10:31 PM »

Presumably this is in your temporary internet files ?

You don't say what the malware name was either, there will have been a little more than a trojan. So without more information there is no way to say what it is ?
Check the avast! Log Viewer (right click the avast 'a' icon), Warning section, this contains information on all avast detections. C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashLogV.exe

- Or check the source file using notepad C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\DATA\log\Warning.log and copy and paste the entry.

If from the Temporary internet files I wouldn't spend much time investigating at all, just clear the temporary internet files (using your browser)
Heres a pic of the log viewer

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2009, 01:42:04 PM »
XxCompg33kxX, we can't read where the file is as the column width is too narrow. Can you expand it?
Or you can open, copy and paste, from here C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\DATA\log\Warning.log
The best things in life are free.

XxCompg33kxX

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2009, 03:00:36 PM »
XxCompg33kxX, we can't read where the file is as the column width is too narrow. Can you expand it?
Or you can open, copy and paste, from here C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\DATA\log\Warning.log
Here u are tech

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2009, 03:02:59 PM »
If a virus is replicant (coming and coming again), you could follow the general cleaning procedure:

1. Clean your temporary files. You can use CleanUp or CCleaner for that.

2. Schedule a boot time scanning with avast. Start avast! > Right click the skin > Schedule a boot-time scanning. Select for scanning archives. Boot. Other option is scanning in SafeMode (repeatedly press F8 while booting).
If avast does not detect it, you can try DrWeb CureIT! instead.

3. It will be good if you download, install, update and run MBAM (or SUPERantispyware or even SpywareTerminator).
If any infection is detected, better and safer is send the file to Quarantine than to simple delete them.
About legit antispyware applications or the bad ones see here.

4. If you still detecting any strange behavior or even you're sure you're not clean, maybe it will be good to test your machine with anti-rootkit applications. I suggest avast! antirootkit or Trend Micro RootkitBuster for XP/Vista. For XP only: Panda.

5. Also, if you still detecting strange behaviors or you want to be sure you're clean, maybe making a HijackThis log to post here or this analysis site. Or even submit the RunScanner log to to on-line analysis.

6. Browser hijacking and problems with antivirus update could be managed in some scenarios by cleaning the hosts file (at C:\windows\system32\drivers\etc folder). The file does not have an extention, it's simply hosts.
The default file consists of a number of example lines preceded with # The only required line is
127.0.0.1       localhost
You can get a good replacement with HostsMan that keep it clean (avoid infections) and updated: http://www.abelhadigital.com

7. After you're clean, disable System Restore on Windows ME, XP or Vista. System Restore is not available in Windows 9x and 2k. After disabling you can enable it again.

8. Use the immunization of SpywareBlaster.

9. Finally, when you're clean, check for insecure applications with Secunia Software Inspector to update insecure applications and avoid reinfection.

XxCompg33kxX

« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2009, 03:07:08 PM »
If a virus is replicant (coming and coming again), you could follow the general cleaning procedure:

1. Clean your temporary files. You can use CleanUp or CCleaner for that.

2. Schedule a boot time scanning with avast. Start avast! > Right click the skin > Schedule a boot-time scanning. Select for scanning archives. Boot. Other option is scanning in SafeMode (repeatedly press F8 while booting).
If avast does not detect it, you can try DrWeb CureIT! instead.

3. It will be good if you download, install, update and run MBAM (or SUPERantispyware or even SpywareTerminator).
If any infection is detected, better and safer is send the file to Quarantine than to simple delete them.
About legit antispyware applications or the bad ones see here.

4. If you still detecting any strange behavior or even you're sure you're not clean, maybe it will be good to test your machine with anti-rootkit applications. I suggest avast! antirootkit or Trend Micro RootkitBuster for XP/Vista. For XP only: Panda.

5. Also, if you still detecting strange behaviors or you want to be sure you're clean, maybe making a HijackThis log to post here or this analysis site. Or even submit the RunScanner log to to on-line analysis.

6. Browser hijacking and problems with antivirus update could be managed in some scenarios by cleaning the hosts file (at C:\windows\system32\drivers\etc folder). The file does not have an extention, it's simply hosts.
The default file consists of a number of example lines preceded with # The only required line is
127.0.0.1       localhost
You can get a good replacement with HostsMan that keep it clean (avoid infections) and updated: http://www.abelhadigital.com

7. After you're clean, disable System Restore on Windows ME, XP or Vista. System Restore is not available in Windows 9x and 2k. After disabling you can enable it again.

8. Use the immunization of SpywareBlaster.

9. Finally, when you're clean, check for insecure applications with Secunia Software Inspector to update insecure applications and avoid reinfection.
Thank you Tech I will try this what about if the virus presists when i have followed these steps

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2009, 03:08:56 PM »
Thank you Tech I will try this what about if the virus presists when i have followed these steps
You're welcome. Maybe step 1 is a good one to delete your temporary (infected) files.

XxCompg33kxX

« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2009, 03:25:39 PM »
You're welcome. Maybe step 1 is a good one to delete your temporary (infected) files.
Tech ... I will tell my friends about you and also Tell Peeps on my forum

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2009, 03:28:32 PM »
Tech ... I will tell my friends about you and also Tell Peeps on my forum
If you want to help me, don't thank me, just sign up & use (sign up only is not enough) Mozy to get 2,200 Mb for free remote backup system. Enjoy its safety!