Author Topic: Today update  (Read 9971 times)

Black3agl3

Re: Today update
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2009, 06:46:53 PM »
No, I'm not working for avast!... (yet) ;) ;D
r u trying to get employed by avast (or whatever) company?

Offline .: L' arc :.

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Thinking with Portals
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2009, 01:46:04 PM »
hey I was just trying to help defence... But are the updates really 'sent'?

Sent? Perhaps, you mean downloaded? Or if you mean updates are "sent" by ALWIL then, it is certainly yes. Why would we use an AV with no updates? You'll get this proved by the increase on file size on avast's installation in add/remove programs & you may also check this via C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\Setup\setup.txt

Or is it the software that connects to the avast site n checks for updates?

The antivirus itself [avast antivirus] connects to the site & download & install updates.

Then... I think this solves the problem... Unless u may want 2 try the pro version n the home version simultaneously to check...

This would cause conflict to the two AV even though they are from the same compan or probably, since i haven't tried this yet, they'll just over-install each other. The safest way would be to check avast website for what is the latest program version & VPS.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2009, 01:55:10 PM by .: L' arc :. »
Windows 7 (64-bit) Home Premium SP1
avast! 9 RC1

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2009, 01:58:56 PM »
This would cause conflict to the two AV even though they are from the same compan or probably, since i haven't tried this yet, they'll just over-install each other.
They install one over the other, you can't have both as they being two different antivirus.
The best things in life are free.

Black3agl3

« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2009, 03:20:48 PM »
Then... I think this solves the problem... Unless u may want 2 try the pro version n the home version simultaneously to check...

This would cause conflict to the two AV even though they are from the same compan or probably, since i haven't tried this yet, they'll just over-install each other. The safest way would be to check avast website for what is the latest program version & VPS.
I meant to use two different pcs...

onlysomeone

« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2009, 04:41:06 PM »
No, I'm not working for avast!... (yet) ;) ;D
r u trying to get employed by avast (or whatever) company?

Nope, I'm now starting my obligatory community service for 9 months and then am going to study something... (possibly law...)

But if Alwil would offer me a job I wouldn't say no! ;) ;D

kind regards
onlysomeone

Defence

« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2009, 05:04:10 PM »
this will probably change with avast! 5, but I'm not able to give you any detailed information... (but it won't be a decreasement of update-rapidness for the home-version but a rapidness-increasement for the professional version...)

This no good, for home users  :-[

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2009, 05:13:43 PM »
I dare say it will make no difference at all to how it is now with the Home version, so far from being no good for home users it will be the same.

There have to be differences in the home (free) version and the Pro, this is far preferable to having the free version crippled as is the case with many other AVs that offer/offered free versions. This was the hook to make you buy the paid version, avast is somewhat different in this regard, one of the major competitors of avast Pro is avast Home ;D
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Black3agl3

« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2009, 05:33:09 PM »
avast can't go against itself... so there has to b some difference...
This no good, for home users  :-[

Defence

« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2009, 05:52:16 PM »
Ok, thanks for all answers.