Author Topic: Paid foir 2-years Sub trail of the avast product is over NO LONGER runs  (Read 4805 times)

badaboom

I registered for a 30-day trail.

Company decided to go with the product and paid for two-year subscription.
The 30-day trail membership is over and the product no longer runs or executes.
Any help?

Thanks
« Last Edit: August 11, 2009, 10:44:45 PM by badaboom »

onlysomeone

Re: Paid foir 2-years Sub trail of the avast product is over NO LONGER runs
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2009, 08:50:05 PM »
Hi badaboom!

Did you enter your new license key?
If you purchase avast! Professional you get an email with the new key inside... (the key is a string of numbers and letters)

You can enter it via rightclicking the avast!-symbol in the taskbar --> About avast! --> License Key (names can be different as I translated them from German)

kind regards
onlysomeone

badaboom

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2009, 09:42:17 PM »
Appreciate the reply

What if the 30-day trial and license key where all corresponded to a employee whom has left the organization?
When invoking or attempting to run the program will it error out with a recognizible error meassge to this license issue?

Thanks

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2009, 10:24:02 PM »
This is somewhat different from what you said in your first post:
Quote from: badaboom
I registered for a 30-day trail.
Decided to go with the product and paid for two-year subscription.

So which is it, did you buy it or a colleague who has left the company ?

If the company bought the license for him, it is their property and not that of the employee, so provided that employee no longer has it installed and in use, as it can only be installed on the one system.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

badaboom

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2009, 10:40:04 PM »
Company purchased(2yr),  employee whom purchased in no longer with company rolling into mess.
From what I know it was purchased during the trail period and the product NO LONGER runs/executes thats about it.
The 30-day trial expired and the product NO longer executes.
Just trying to see how to address this before I jump in.

Additional
Upon investigation
Unable to connect to AVAST Engine:
disabled by microsoft outlook.

This is the type message received.
Upon boot up asked for key - key provided now running.

WHY this?
Unable to connect to AVAST Engine:
disabled by microsoft outlook.

Thanks

« Last Edit: August 11, 2009, 10:54:29 PM by badaboom »

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2009, 12:15:08 AM »
Well the Pro trial version should continue to run even after the 60 day trial, but a) it will display pop-ups to notify the end of the trial, b) you won't be able to do any VPS (virus signature) Updates, but it should still run. So there appears to be something esle going on.

avast has a plug-in for MS Outlook which could be disabled, but personally I don't think it worthwhile chasing that for now as it is a minor issue compared to the real problem, why avast isn't running.

I would suggest a clean reinstall and then enter the key:
Download the latest Pro version of avast and save it to your HDD, somewhere you can find it again. Use that when you reinstall.

Download the avast! Uninstall Utility, find it here and save it to your HDD.
  • 1. Now uninstall (using add remove programs, if you can't do that start from the next step), reboot.
  • 2. run the avast! Uninstall Utility, reboot.  If step 1 failed it may be necessary to run this from safe mode, once complete reboot into normal mode.
  • 3. install the latest version, reboot.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2009, 12:20:07 AM »
Well the Pro trial version should continue to run even after the 60 day trial, but a) it will display pop-ups to notify the end of the trial, b) you won't be able to do any VPS (virus signature) Updates, but it should still run. So there appears to be something esle going on.

This is actually not the case -- when the trial period ends, it really ends, meaning that the program no longer runs.

I'd suggest getting in touch with our sales team (sales at avast dot com), maybe ask for a refund and then purchase the product again, or something like that...

Thanks
Vlk
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2009, 01:57:38 AM »
Thanks for the update Vlk.