Author Topic: WRLauncher.exe false alarm  (Read 3237 times)

jimbo8098

WRLauncher.exe false alarm
« on: August 14, 2009, 11:16:54 AM »
I am having problems playing War Rock specifically with the file named WRLauncher.exe , this program only launches the game and checks for new updates but i recently got a report of it being a worm... i , knowing that it was not corrupted in any way , told avast to take no action and i also reported it to avast as a false alarm but now wrlauncher.exe has stopped working reporting that an error occurred (child process could not be found (code:5)) I have searched warrock forums and it seems to mean that there is a corruption in the file which must be partly to do with avast discovering that the file had a 'corruption'!

The only way i can use the program now is when i turn off the security while it starts then put it back on when its finished...

This also shows that it is not a corruption , in that it actually works , so avast! must be stopping it through the memory checks or something ... i have put this program down as an exclusion but it is still having this error...

I need to set an exclusion so that avast does not go near this file at all really as I am certain that it will not become corrupted without me knowing (warrock performs checks everytime it is loaded)

I am using Avast! 4 Home , the free one :)

Offline .: L' arc :.

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Thinking with Portals
Re: WRLauncher.exe false alarm
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2009, 01:46:22 PM »
 Submit the file for analysis via either of these:

(1) Send a password protected zipped sample of the file to virus@avast.com

(2) Open avast's chest & navigate to user chest. Right click & select add files. Click ok. The file should appear on the list, right click it & select e-mail to alwil. A dialog box will appear, on the dropdown box select "false positive". Fill in the other parts. Tick "I know what I am doing" box and then click OK.
Windows 7 (64-bit) Home Premium SP1
avast! 9 RC1