Author Topic: Avast5 Security Suite Firewall  (Read 4099 times)

Sir Richard

Avast5 Security Suite Firewall
« on: August 15, 2009, 10:26:34 PM »
Hi Team,

I understand that Avast v5 Will soon be out around October 2009 and from what I have read there will be three versions but it is the Security Suite.Which is the main feature I am interested in as this is something i've been waiting for from Avast in order to catch up with the competition when it comes to Firewalls for some time. (3 years). However, I can't seem to find any more information in regards to the firewalls features.

Even if avast can list the basics such as does it have both Inbound and outbound protection giving the user the ability to view and control access to programs accessing the internet?, Does it contains Parental Controls? etc..

I am looking at upgrading my business systems to use Avast Security Suite but the firewall will have to pass certain criteria needed in order to to do so. Thus, knowing what abilities it has could help me in advance.

Many Thanks

Sir Richard
« Last Edit: August 15, 2009, 10:28:44 PM by Sir Richard »

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Avast5 Security Suite Firewall
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2009, 12:06:25 AM »
Yes, inbound and outbound protection.
Parental controls won't be available right now. Maybe in a near future. If you need suggestions, use www.k9webprotection.com (home, not business).
The best things in life are free.

Mr.Agent

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2009, 01:26:03 AM »
I hear that Parental Control. That its will be in 5.1 or something so yeah for now their work that they do its will be really great start. Seriously.

Sir Richard

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2009, 03:52:25 PM »
Thanks Team..

I am just itching to try this program! I assume Avast will offer the same trial time for all three versions of this program.

Also curios if The firewall will have general statistics of websites visited etc.

PS: I notice there is a "Maintainance" Button on the "Security Suite" Main screen? but none of the previews show what it does? is this something new and what does it do?

Zonealarm have started to put in PC Tuneup facilities within its program so the user can clean their internet history and registry of redundant values! is this something Avast have included too?

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2009, 04:36:44 PM »
I suggest not to take the screenshots as 100% fixed - it's still under development.
So, asking what a particular button does... is a bit premature.

Sir Richard

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2009, 06:33:29 PM »
Never hurts to ask  ;) we wouldnt be where we are now if we never asked questions, even if they lead us down the wrong path.