Author Topic: I do not have outlook/exchange so, the provider is waiting for a subsystem to s  (Read 2272 times)

wqball1

Why does malware/spyware keep getting into my home and web pages? >:( >:(
Also, I do not have outlook/express so the provider is waiting for a subsystem/program to start
I live on a small social security disability check and can not afford to by the proffessional avast.
I am using the home 4.8 Avast program but, all these spywares are stressing me out. I have go toEmbarqs "virus, malware and rootkit scanner about every ten (10) minutes to clean my computer. I am thinking maybe I can not afford this free Avast Home 4.8 edition??? I do not know what to do about these problems.
                      Alan White

Offline Tarq57

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • If at first you don’t succeed; call it version 1.0
Question one: Is this what you mean by "Embarqs virus malware and rootkit scanner"?
Or is it an installed program?

Next question:
Why does malware/spyware keep getting into my home and web pages?
Are you talking about your website? Or your home computer?

Next:
Also, I do not have outlook/express so the provider is waiting for a subsystem/program to start
Nothing to be concerned with. If you never use those applications, you can terminated the provider, as  it isn't doing anything. (Not that it's causing a problem. It's just "ready" when it doesn't need to be.)

Next:
I am thinking maybe I can not afford this free Avast Home 4.8 edition???
I guess you mean "afford" as in you are sick of cleaning your computer, not as in it's costing you money, as the Avast Home is, as you say, free.

It would seem that your ISP's online scanner isn't really dealing with the problem, either. So try downloading and installing MBAM (Use the blue download button.) This is a highly recommended antimalware scanner. After installing it, update it, and run a quick scan, have it fix ("remove selected") all that it finds, and please post the scan report.

Avast doesn't recognize and deal with every single kind of malware there is.
Neither will any other AV, free or paid. I've read through enough malware removal posts by users to know that for sure.
Avast is as good as any of them at preventing infection, with a good detection and removal rate, as good as any of them (although you may not believe that right now.)

Let us know how things are after running MBAM.
And welcome to the forum. :D
Windows 10,Windows Firewall,Firefox w/Adblock.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Why does malware/spyware keep getting into my home and web pages?
That is easy to answer. Lack of good security.
That provider will automaticly be activated as soon as you gonna use Outlook/Exchange.
If you don't have either, you can disable that provider.

How do you connect to the net?
Modem, router?
Do you have a (hard)ware firewall (could be build into a modem/router).

What operating system are you using? Is it fully patched (also the applications you are using)