Author Topic: Scan results with free Avast  (Read 4236 times)

midway

Scan results with free Avast
« on: May 31, 2004, 06:29:06 PM »
 I did a scan and it showed no viruses. I was in a hurry, so I closed out the window even though there were a bunch of listings. I intended to look at them later. When I later went to "View Scan Results," I found it greyed out. I checked posts on this forum and learned that View Scan Results is only available with Avast Pro. I have the free Home edition, Build 4.1.376. Is there a way I can now check out all those listings I saw from the last scan but didn't take time to study? Thanks.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re:Scan results with free Avast
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2004, 07:39:21 PM »
Try running the scan again.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2004, 12:08:20 AM »
I did a scan and it showed no viruses. I was in a hurry, so I closed out the window even though there were a bunch of listings. I intended to look at them later. When I later went to "View Scan Results," I found it greyed out. I checked posts on this forum and learned that View Scan Results is only available with Avast Pro. I have the free Home edition, Build 4.1.376. Is there a way I can now check out all those listings I saw from the last scan but didn't take time to study? Thanks.

As you discovered... It's a Profesional version feature.
I'm afraid you cannot 'save' the results in Home version.
Like David said, try to run the scanning again (and do not close the window  ;))
The best things in life are free.

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2004, 09:53:56 AM »
On the other hand - you can switch on the creation of the Report file. This way, all the results will be stored in a text file you specify. Of course, the file will remain where it is - so you will be able to inspect the results in the future.
(If you didn't turn it on previously, however, you have no way of looking at the past results now).