Author Topic: Dynamic DNS and Botnet of Zombie Web Servers  (Read 2490 times)

YoKenny

Dynamic DNS and Botnet of Zombie Web Servers
« on: September 13, 2009, 04:47:36 PM »
Dynamic DNS and Botnet of Zombie Web Servers
11 Sep 09   Filed in Website exploits
It’s always interesting to watch how malware attacks evolve over time.

Since this spring, when I started to distinguish it from other attacks, this hidden iframe injection attack has always been among “leaders”. 
http://blog.unmaskparasites.com/2009/09/11/dynamic-dns-and-botnet-of-zombie-web-servers/

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Dynamic DNS and Botnet of Zombie Web Servers
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2009, 05:29:58 PM »
This iframe injection is very old news, avast has been dealing with it for absolutely ages. Though there is a lot of other useful information.

Personally I don't care what domains they point to as that is really irrelevant as the payload could be on any domain and trying to block these domains is like shooting at a moving target. Frequently the domain is only live for a few days.

So it has to be the detection of the injected iframe and or blocking that iframe from running (firefox and noscript with block iframes enabled) that is a better prevention in my opinion.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Avastfan1

Re: Dynamic DNS and Botnet of Zombie Web Servers
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2009, 06:06:03 PM »
100% agree with the previous post. Great advice!!!