Author Topic: Windows Vista Turned Avast off?  (Read 1801 times)

macmomma08

Windows Vista Turned Avast off?
« on: October 04, 2009, 06:05:10 PM »
I reinstalled Vista today because it somehow lost my admin profile ("the user profile service failed the login, user profile cannot be loaded"). Have no real idea what caused it, tried googling and it said it would have had to been deleted from Bios...obviously I have no idea how to do that, so I just figured windows finally screwed itself all up and reinstalled.

I just installed Avast! again, and it seemed to be working fine. Then all of a sudden I got a warning that my Anti-Virus is turned off. I clicked on the fix it thing, opened security center and turned it back on, but I have no idea why that happened.

Is this leftovers from my other issue or is Windows being weird? I tried googling it, from what I say sometimes Windows doesn't recognize it and turns it off?

I tried to follow the instructions, but I don't see "Administrator Tools" in my control panel. I have gone into the firewall (Windows) and told it to let Avast through, but that's all I could figure out how to do.

I'm running Windows Vista 64 bit Home edition.

norel

Re: Windows Vista Turned Avast off?
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2009, 10:31:30 PM »
Did it stay on after you turned it on? The first time you use Windows on a new system or after a reinstall you have to turn the Security Center features on manually. I don't think Windows turned Avast off but was simply notifying you that it needed to be turned on. If it stayed on, it sounds like it's working normal to me.