Author Topic: badurl.grandstreetinteractive.com  (Read 4401 times)

countryboy

badurl.grandstreetinteractive.com
« on: June 05, 2004, 12:02:16 AM »
whenever i open up internet explorer in XP, it freezes and says "badurl.grandstreetinteractive.com" and flashes like it's trying to go back and forth between two websites and won't let me do anything (i'm using a different computer for this, because of course the internet wouldn't work). i also can't use any other internet based programs, like instant messenger. it will try to connect then die. i tried deleting all temporary internet files while the connection was closed, and a system restore didn't work either.

any help would be welcome

Offline raman

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
Re:badurl.grandstreetinteractive.com
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2004, 12:06:49 PM »
Have you tried Spybot security.kolla.de
and Adaware www.lavasoft.de ?

Download, install, update them and scan your PC
If both do not do their job, please post a hijackthis log: www.hjt.klaffke.de/en
MfG Ralf

pureluck

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2004, 05:50:04 PM »
I have the same problem on my other pc. How do you get those downloaded if you cannot get online?

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2004, 06:04:41 PM »
Just a wild guess, check out some of the Computer Magazines, many of their CD Rom disks have useful utilities, look for adaware, spybot search and destroy, Spyware Blaster or Spyware Guard.

Short of that you will need to find a friend who lives locally to burn it to CD or Floppy.

HTH David
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security