Author Topic: thunderbird  (Read 3480 times)

Offline xxbenes

thunderbird
« on: June 05, 2004, 11:14:05 PM »
does avast home cooperate with mozzila thunderbird or only with outlook express?
« Last Edit: June 05, 2004, 11:16:18 PM by xxbenes »

Offline honyak122

• "Never give a sucker an even break."
Re:thunderbird
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2004, 12:02:33 AM »
Yes, it works with Thunderbird, Mozilla, and IMAP accounts.  :D
"A man who overindulges lives in a dream. He becomes conceited. He thinks the whole world revolves around him; and it usually does."

Staind

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2004, 02:53:37 AM »
You just need to set up the mail accounts manually to go through 127.0.0.1 and then configure proper SMTP and pop3 in Avast!.  (atleast, I had too)

Offline shgoh

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2004, 05:21:17 AM »
yes...avast works perfect with thunderbird...come back here if you have problems configuring
lIfE iS sAd...yOu NeVeR kNoW wHaT yOu GoNnA gEt... :'(

Offline The Maxx

• avast! Pro rocks!
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2004, 06:56:00 AM »
Yep, I had Thunderbird a while back and avast! worked great with it.  I'm just waiting for a later version of Thunderbird before I go back to it.  :)
avast! Internet Security 5.0.545

neal62

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2004, 07:26:18 AM »
xxbenes,

I use Thunderbird free version 0.6. I have used it now for about 6 months and haven't had any problems with it. I changed it to my default e-mail client and quit using Outlook Express. Outlook Express is subject to more security problems than Thunderbird. Thunderbird will not allow a virus to execute if that virus is downloaded into the T.B. program. T.B. automatically disables any java script that could possibly allow the downloaded virus to be activated.
    When you get out of T.B. I believe the java script then works for you. Anyway, T.B. is a great program. Have a nice day. :)

Offline Amerk_5

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2004, 07:44:52 AM »
....I use Thunderbird free version 0.6.....
Actually,
Thunderbird, Mozilla & Firefox are all completely free. There are no pay versions.