Author Topic: ALWIL SOFTWARE - THANKS !  (Read 12395 times)

S.Z.Craftec

ALWIL SOFTWARE - THANKS !
« on: June 09, 2004, 05:42:28 PM »
I just can't believe... I still don't believe... Alwil just rewarded me with avast! Pro licence for my skin work. You didn't have to do that guys, atlhough this is something that no one ever did for me. I've never got something for free in my whole entire life... I have no enough words to thank you guys and girls...

Here are some e-mails in time order:

1st Mail from Eduard Kucera (Alwil Software Vice President):

Dear Craftec,

At first thanks a lot for all skins you've ever made for our antivirus - avast! 4.

I'm very sorry, that I should find in our forum: (http://forum.avast.com/index.php?board=1;action=display;threadid=5020) that we didn't send you the license for avast! 4 Professioanl Edition. I'm going to repair our failure.
Thanks again and best regards    Eduard

...and then I answered to Eduard:

Hello Eduard,

First of all I want to thank you for this kind offer...I am so glad you like my skins for Alwil. I must tell you I have never designed any skin for any other software, but when i saw avast! antivirus I just fell in love with it...

I am speachless, and I really don't know what should I say. I have never received anything for free in my life, so this is something that surprised me so much... my life was something like horror all those war years when I still lived in Croatia, so me and my wife have decided to move to Canada... but, I don't wanna bother you with those things, especially 'cause I know you are so busy around avast!

I just wanna thank you 'cause you are member (Vice President) of Alwil Software. You guys are unbelievable, so much humanities around you...

I just don't want my reply in that thread (http://forum.avast.com/index.php?Zoard=1;action=display;threadid=5020) to look like I was "crying" to get Pro version... I want you to believe me that it wasn't my intention to get that software for free (as I said I never received anything for free in my whole life), it supposed to be just like one little joke. I just hope I'll be able one day to earn enough money to buy Pro version from you guys, 'cause believe me Eduard, you deserved every single cent for your great work.That's why I really don't know should I take it for free or not. Don't be angry at me, please, but I just feel like I'm using you to get Pro version for free... that's not right... it's just not right...

If you want me I'll keep that licence number, but I really don't know should I register or not... I mean, Home Edition is good enough also. My PC was never infected with virus since I started to use avast!

Kind Regards to you my new friend !

Sasha Zivanovic - Craftec

...and then Eduard again:

Dear Sasha,

thanks a lot for your kind answer.

We and avast! 4 Home users are happy with your skins so much. We should thank you!

I don't think that you cried in our forum, I found that we missed the right time to send you a license to avast! 4 Pro as a small compensatition of your hard and valuable work.

Thanks again     Eduard

...me again:

Thanks again Eduard, it means a lot to me... all those kind words, I never felt so usefull like I feel now. You guys are just unbelievable !!!

Just one little thing... is it possible to announce it somewhere in avast! forums ? I really want that.
I want everybody to see how good you guys are and this is really unbelievable, I still can't believe. I want everyone in forums to see that you know how to respect your users, members and helpers if you want... This is the best example, best of all !!! If you feel you can announce it in forums I will be so happy, do it for me please...

Thank you Alwil so much !!! (I have some new ideas for skins, I just need some spare time to make them)

Sasha

And that's how I got Eduard's approval to announce it here... thanks guys, you made my day !!! All those kind words, this is just something that I can be proud of. I wanted everybody to see that...

Regards !

Sasha
« Last Edit: June 09, 2004, 07:15:33 PM by S.Z.Craftec »

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
Re:ALWIL SOFTWARE - THANKS !
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2004, 05:47:47 PM »
Congratulation! I think you deserved it :) LiteON skin kickz azz! ;D
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

KezzerDrix

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2004, 05:59:05 PM »
congrats!

Offline radicalb21

• Avast Evangelist
  • Poster
  • Be Safe. Be Smart. Use Common Sense.
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2004, 06:30:15 PM »
Congrats Craftec. Keep up the good work. You really know your stuff.
iMac 21.5 " Mid 2011 2.7 GHz Intel Core i5
4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB

Offline MWassef

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2004, 07:14:00 PM »
congrats Sasha  ;D ;D ;D ;D
MW

Offline .: Mac :.

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2004, 09:26:50 PM »
Keep up the Good Work! Gongrats on the copy of Avast Pro!
"People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware." - Alan Kay

Fu Xuen

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2004, 09:38:45 PM »
Congratulations :) !

Waldo

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2004, 09:44:47 PM »
Out of all persons outthere...your deserve it most !  ;D

Nice reward, for some nice craftmanship skins.

congrats !

Waldo

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2004, 09:47:30 PM »
Thanks guys I'll blush...  :-[

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2004, 10:07:46 PM »
Wise decision Sasha!
Like Waldo said: you deserve it most!  ;)
The best things in life are free.

techie101

« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2004, 01:31:25 AM »
Sasha,

You know how I feel about your contributions here at the forum.  You have gone far beyond "help".  I am glad that you have received "official" recognition.

Your "Forum Titile" was the start.....
Now Alwil has awarded you a Pro license....
Who knows what next!

Well deserved!

Techie

shgoh

« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2004, 06:06:42 AM »
well deserved my friend really :)

maybe i should also pick up designing skins? ;D
« Last Edit: June 10, 2004, 07:08:19 AM by shgoh »

honyak122

« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2004, 06:09:33 AM »
Hey Craftec,
I use the lite on skin and love it.

Keep up the Great work.

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2004, 12:28:38 PM »
Thanks pal, I'll try to make some more professional looking skins... promise.

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2004, 08:16:51 PM »
Uuuuu cool :) Lite-On skin is very nice and professional already. If you can make even more professional skin i'll worship you forever :) (I like skins that look something like Lite-On)
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog