Author Topic: Which product that i should have to buy ?  (Read 3199 times)

mahyim

Which product that i should have to buy ?
« on: October 31, 2009, 11:21:12 PM »
To avast team.

Now I have facing problem.

I using adsl fix IP address. I have 30 Desktop and Laptop they always use microsoft outlook for send e-mail

example : smtp "mail.xxx.com" the facing problem is ISP [ Internet solution provider ] block our IP all staff can not send email via smtp by microsoft outlook because ISP warning our network have too much spam and spyware or virus that send out from our IP address. but we still can open website and download everything only smtp we can not use.

I try to fix this problem by use "CCproxy" install on my windows XP make it as server everyone will pass CCproxy .

is it possible if i will install some of your product at XP then your software will detect and block all another computer that pass this computer. ?

please advise.

wpn

Re: Which product that i should have to buy ?
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2009, 07:32:27 PM »
the ISP blocks this for 3 possible reasons:
1) its their policy to block those ports standard for everybody
2) you are sending a lot of e-mails (thousands) to addresses that you get out of a database and are not actually direct relations of your company
3) they block it because your network is infected and sending out spam/virusses without you knowing

in option 1 there is nothing you can do about it at that ISP, i would go looking for another ISP
in option number 2 your doing probably something not legal at all.

in option number 3 (which i assume is your situation right now) you are infected and you have to solve all your infections before the ISP will open up the ports again. Having a proxy server is not solving your problems in this case since your already infected and the setup of your network will probably still allow all traffic to go out without the proxy.
I also assume then that you currently dont have any antivirus solution or one that is not working because of the infections.
you should buy the avast (or a solution that you prefer but your on this forum so i guess you want avast) ofcourse and install on the clients you have. Once you have cleaned (either with avast installation, or avast bart cd (which probably will be the best solution for you right now since your already infected)) the avast installation will do its best (and proven by independed testers it does) to block as much crap as possible keeping you clean...

hope this is clear to understand, questions you can always ask