Author Topic: Avast PDA edition  (Read 20042 times)

pbaker

Avast PDA edition
« on: November 02, 2009, 06:09:06 AM »
I've recently installed Avast PDA edition on my Palm Treo Pro (running Windows Mobile 6.1)
However, when I activate the program icon on the PDA all I get is a screen telling me about the version of Avast etc. There doesn't seem to be a way to access any kind of useful interface to run a scan etc.
What am I doing wrong?

Offline pk

• Avast team
  • Super Poster
Re: Avast PDA edition
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2009, 10:56:46 AM »
The problem is device's screen resolution. I'll send you a fixed version within some days. Thanks for info.

piaqt

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2010, 10:28:54 PM »
I've recently installed Avast PDA edition on my Palm Treo Pro (running Windows Mobile 6.1)
However, when I activate the program icon on the PDA all I get is a screen telling me about the version of Avast etc. There doesn't seem to be a way to access any kind of useful interface to run a scan etc.
What am I doing wrong?
Similar problem on htc tilt2 winmo 6.5. I can access the scan button, but it's hit or miss: The button labels tend to be offscreen. Also, is there a command line for a weekly scan? I can schedule the program, but must press Scan manually.

rcassick

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2010, 07:29:00 AM »
Yeah, good luck, I have had 3 support cases open now for a similar issue on my Motorola Q phone since last year and I am getting nowhere. The screen is too small to even allow me to enter the license code and I am being ignored by everyone about either getting a fix or a refund.

Lets so ho much better you make out here.

piaqt

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2010, 05:42:23 AM »
The workaround I came up with was to (temporarily) reduce the size of my screen font. This brings all the fields and text boxes back into view. After that, entering the necessary info was easy.

Don't know squat about Motorola phones, so I've no idea if this will work for you. But... Hope springs eternal.