Author Topic: Returned mail empty?  (Read 4134 times)

Jwenall

Returned mail empty?
« on: June 10, 2004, 09:49:07 AM »
 ???
Hello!
I have just started my AVAST and tried to send some word.doc from home to work.

one of my collegues got all text ,and the attachment word.doc ,but the other ones got only the subject and who it was sent to.(togheter with my empty mail,but text added " inbound message clean")

What could I have done wrong?

/Jwenall

sedina

Re:Returned mail empty?
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2004, 11:20:38 AM »
Hi, if you disable "Insert notes to clean messages" in Outlook Provider, is there any change? please try to modify your avast4.ini to insert UseAlternateRtfSyncing=1 (see more info - http://forum.avast.com/index.php?board=2;action=display;threadid=1647;start=0) thanks!

Jwenall

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2004, 11:40:33 AM »
Thanks for answer.
I have some difficulties to follow but it looks like you think my problem is the "text added " inbound message clean"?

Its not.
My problem is that some of my collegues got the mail including attachment . Others just got the subject(no mail!)

Does this mean they have settings that belive my e-mail was infected?

Jwenall

sedina

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2004, 12:49:42 PM »
So, you create email with attachment and send it to your 2 friends. One of them receive mail correctly and the other friend receive only text without attachment.. uhhh... If you disable avast! plugin for Outlook, any change? Do your friends use some antivirus on theirs PCs? What email client they use (Outlook/ Outlook Express, ...)?

Jwenall

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2004, 01:18:56 PM »
They are using LN 5.1+ mcafee4.5.

Could I have blocked some attempt by Avast to connect to 127.0.0.1?
(probably not since one person got the completet mail...)
/jwenall

sedina

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2004, 03:55:09 PM »
I'm sorry but I don't understand why you mention IP 127.0.0.1. For plugin for Outlook this stuff is not needed (local server on 127.0.0.1 is required by Internet Mail Provider).
So, your friends have LN and mcafee, ok... Could you try disable Outlook plugin and repeat that test (whether emails will be delivered successfully) thanks!

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2004, 04:00:42 PM »
Well, I may be o0verlooking something, but I don't see any indication that the original poster uses full Outlook, and not just Outlook Express (or any other e-mail client, in fact).
So, a question for Jwenall: what e-mail client do you use?

Jwenall

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2004, 05:05:26 PM »
Thanks for not giving up this one.

1.Im using outloox express
2.Im nut sure how to disable Outlook plugin? Im I misunderstanding something?

thanks