Consumer Products > Avast Free Antivirus / Premium Security (legacy Pro Antivirus, Internet Security, Premier)

Win32:Delf-MZG

<< < (6/10) > >>

Theo:
Win32:Delf-MZG[trj]

I first ran into this trojan threat when trying to verify a file integrity.  Avast! antiviral told me that my Filealyzer was infected.  I quarantined the trojan and uninstalled Filealyzer.  I then ran a standard scan, and found that it had also apparently infected a eyeLook.dll in X-Lite, an audio deck patch, something in vinyl deck, and four restore files.  I went online to try to find out more about this trojan and found speculation about false positives, so I restored the files from quarantine.  This morning I updated the Avast! iAVS to current version 091203-1, re-ran the scan, and found ten infected files, (the original seven, plus three more in the windows restore system).  Trojans do stuff like this.  I don't think that this is a false positive!

Vlk:
Theo, it is a false positive (if the virus name is really "Win32:Delf-MZG").

The latest definitions (091203-1) shouldn't be flagging any files with this virus name though -- the definition was completely removed from it.

Are you sure you have the latest?

Thanks
Vlk

murfoid:
during reboot with the bad virus def update avast shoved 159 false positive files into the 'moved' folder (i.e. moved instead of "moved to chest") in addition to the dozen of so that it put in the chest.  All of these files are now labeled with a .vir extension.  Is there a way to automatically restore these?

Thanks...

street_lethal:
Had this issue last night on my GF's laptop, everything was being flagged Win32:Delf-MZG[trj]. I knew Avast was messed up because what it was flagging has been on her system forever, like Spybot for one. I clicked no action for all of them and then scanned with Eset online scanner, nothing found. Glad they got this fixed, even when you click no action it still modifies the file it seems. It completely destroyed the Spybot installation.

igor:
No, "No action" certainly doesn't modify the file.
Yes, it doesn't allow it to be loaded - but after the virus database is updated, it's possible to restart the affected program (OK, if it's an auto-start program, it might be better to restart the computer to get into the "ordinary" state).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version