Author Topic: Avast detecting PC Tools  (Read 2245 times)

DarkLegend

Avast detecting PC Tools
« on: December 03, 2009, 08:06:00 AM »
I went to download PC Tools' Privacy Guardian from  hxxp://www.pctools.com/privacy-guardian/ and everything was going fine. A little bit into the download the avast webshield goes off saying it detected  Win32:Delf-MZG [Trj] In the pginstall.exe.part (browser is FF) and so I clicked abort connection. right after that it detected some more files within the same pginstall.exe.part (I moved it to chest, the others avast said it couldn't locate the specified file, Im assuming because it was detecting other .dlls or what have you in the download that was already moved to chest.).

After this I went into the virus chest and scanned it and saw that it's detecting their update.exe as Win32:Delf-MZG [Trj], isHelp.dll as Win32:Delf-MZG [Trj[ and  helper.dll as Win32:Delf-MZG [Trj].

I wouldn't imagine PC Tool's app's to be infected.. and I highly doubt they got hacked (And it happened to be the one app, but never tryed dling their other stuff). This must be a False Positive and avast doesn't like something they wanna do in their setup for Privacy Guardian.

The strange thing is, I have never had avast warn about ANY of their other products at all.

***EDIT****

Just looked at some other forums of people having the same alert for other safe programs. What happened? Messed up update or something?
« Last Edit: December 03, 2009, 08:08:40 AM by DarkLegend »

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
Re: Avast detecting PC Tools
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2009, 08:08:40 AM »
Please update avast! virus definitions to resolve this issue.
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog