Author Topic: Errors in Reporting  (Read 8184 times)

gprzybyl

Errors in Reporting
« on: June 14, 2004, 07:26:52 PM »
My Setup:

Two W2K server machines both running avast one is the AMS /SQL version.
   One W2K pro machine running avast network client.
   One XP pro machine running avast network client.

When I run a report of network machines by either avast version or vps version the only machines that show up are the two non-server machines.  The two w2k server boxes do not show up on the reports.

When I run just a network machine summary the two servers will show up in the network section along with all the other boxes that don't run avast.  The two non-server boxes show up in the avast section.

Second problem, when deleting a report from the results window (using right click delete) I get the following two errors in the error log:

Database command failed 00000000: DELETE statement conflicted with COLUMN REFERENCE constraint 'FK_File_Object'. The conflict occurred in database 'avast', table 'File', column 'ObjectId'.  

and

Database command failed 00000000: The statement has been terminated.

Also once in a while when double clicking on the report to see the results the ADNM will hang and force me to terminate it via the task manager.  Upon restarting ADNM I can double click on the results and see the report just fine.

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
Re:Errors in Reporting
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2004, 10:59:07 PM »
Thanks we'll review the code. The second problem does replicate here; the first is a bit strange but it might've been already solved in more recent builds. Actually we're now much further than beta-1 -- I believe we should be able to have beta-2 during this week. It's got tons of bugs fixed.

Thanks
Vlk
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

gprzybyl

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2004, 03:51:04 PM »
Cool, I am looking forward to putting Beta-2 through it's paces.  ;D

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2004, 04:25:23 PM »
One more thing. You said that the Report Viewer sometimes crashes.

There's one thing worth testing: when the crash occures, please go to the TEMP folder and back up the file named like aswXx.tmp where Xx is a number. That's the report, downloaded from the DB to the console (typically it has size of roughly 270K [or larger - depending on the data]).

Then restart the console, tell it to view the very same report, go to the temp folder again and do a binary compare of the two files (the new one that's there and the one you backed up). Are they identical?

This will tell us if the problem lies in the server -> console comm or the Crystal Reports viewer in the console.

Vlk
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

gprzybyl

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2004, 09:55:49 PM »
  Vlk, when trying to recreate the error I managed to actually crash the adnm console.  I did it twice and sent both error reports on their way.  I haven't been able to recreate the hang situation yet though.  I will keep trying.