Author Topic: Unable to deploy client to Windows 7 (standalone) machine  (Read 6300 times)

savanozian

Unable to deploy client to Windows 7 (standalone) machine
« on: December 16, 2009, 11:28:38 PM »
Hello,

We're using ADNM v4.8 and although we're able to deploy the client to Windows XP computers on the domain, we are unable to deploy to a Windows 7 "WORKGROUP" machine.  The Remote Install log shows:

12/16/09 12:30:27:   COMPUTERNAME: WNetAddConnection2 \\COMPUTERNAME\C$ COMPUTERNAME\ADMINUSER error 5 (Access is denied)
12/16/09 12:30:27:   COMPUTERNAME\: WNetAddConnection2 \\COMPUTERNAME\ADMIN$ COMPUTERNAME\ADMINUSER error 5 (Access is denied)

The ADMINUSER is a local administrator.  I've tried various combinations of Domain = (blank) or computername or *.   File and Printer sharing is enabled.  I don't see an option for "Simple File Sharing" as in XP, but I've tried disabling the "Use File Sharing Wizard" option with no avail.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Stephan

wpn

Re: Unable to deploy client to Windows 7 (standalone) machine
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2009, 10:14:10 AM »
since your NOT in a domain the administrative shares that avast uses to install are probably not there even tho you share folders....

do this to check it:

go to computer management (rightclick on the computer on your desktop or in the explorer and click manage)...
open up  SHARED FOLDERS and SHARES
there should be several shares, among them are:
ADMIN$  C:\Windows
C$  c:\

Also make sure when you set share permissions that you give FULL CONTROL to that username and not to EVERYONE.... remove everyone from that share really...

if you have shared the wrong paths with the wrong names, correct them and try again
if that doesnt work you can create an MSI installer package, which would be better in this case in my opinion because you dont have a centrally managed enviroment for the usernames/passwords....

ps: your posting should have been posted in this board: http://forum.avast.com/index.php?board=10.0
« Last Edit: December 23, 2009, 10:16:55 AM by wpn »