Author Topic: i have a hard one, 95% of anti viruses do not detect this. suggestions?  (Read 9942 times)

fpsgameridrc

avast didn't detect it, i went and ran a virus check on it to be sure and sure enough it was.

i have no idea how i even check to see if i still have it, nor do i have any idea how to remove it.

http://virusscan.jotti.org/en/scanresult/415b945e7b24070f12f2908f03d67732692b974a/4f72c4e376b37a65bb49dd5294d44dbd23b34c30
http://www.virustotal.com/analisis/c3a0f2e9788da58abbeab1f41ba70e4a9b742520ab5f134381175f53ec40a588-1261181719

any suggestions?

then again it might not be a virus, but the program does not work, so I'm not really even sure.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2009, 02:58:58 AM by fpsgameridrc »

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
Re: i have a hard one, 95% of anti viruses do not detect this. suggestions?
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2009, 03:13:15 AM »
Upload it to different antivirus vendors and let them play with it........ 8)

Offline .: L' arc :.

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Thinking with Portals
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2009, 03:31:49 AM »
Good day and welcome to the forums fpsgameridrc,

Fraps is a legitimate software by Beepa. It is a generic tool for DirectX and OpenGL games. A realtime video capture and benchmarking software.

If you got it from a dodgey site, then please be cautious. CNET hosts download for Fraps so I'd suggest that you download it from there instead. Fraps @ CNET
Windows 7 (64-bit) Home Premium SP1
avast! 9 RC1

Offline Tarq57

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • If at first you don’t succeed; call it version 1.0
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2009, 03:32:15 AM »
What was the program that originally installed this, if you know? And how did you come to think it is malware related? Just by submitting the file to vt/jotti?

You could have a look at using Prevx, here is the Prevx page entry for the file.
Windows 10,Windows Firewall,Firefox w/Adblock.

fpsgameridrc

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2009, 03:43:55 AM »
Good day and welcome to the forums fpsgameridrc,

Fraps is a legitimate software by Beepa. It is a generic tool for DirectX and OpenGL games. A realtime video capture and benchmarking software.

If you got it from a dodgey site, then please be cautious. CNET hosts download for Fraps so I'd suggest that you download it from there instead. Fraps @ CNET

yes i know, i tried to download a "cracked version" ourt of stupidity. and the program didnt work.

currently running prevx, ill check back in a bit.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2009, 03:47:57 AM by fpsgameridrc »

Offline Tarq57

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2009, 03:48:34 AM »
yes i know, i tried to download a "cracked version" ourt of stupidity. and the program didnt work.
Says it all, really. ::)
Do you need more help with removal?
Look to the reg entries indicated on the Prevx page I linked above. You might need to download a copy of Prevx to help with removal. You could also manually add the .exe to Avast's chest, and upload it to Avast for analysis.

fpsgameridrc

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2009, 04:03:34 AM »
What was the program that originally installed this, if you know? And how did you come to think it is malware related? Just by submitting the file to vt/jotti?

You could have a look at using Prevx, here is the Prevx page entry for the file.

this is great it worked, but inorder to delete them i need to buy it lol, and i wont have money for awhile. and i dont think i want to buy either for a 1 time use...

fpsgameridrc

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2009, 04:05:59 AM »
Says it all, really. ::)
Do you need more help with removal?
Look to the reg entries indicated on the Prevx page I linked above. You might need to download a copy of Prevx to help with removal. You could also manually add the .exe to Avast's chest, and upload it to Avast for analysis.

ill look into doing this manually, although ill most likely need to read a sticky lol.

fpsgameridrc

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2009, 04:44:40 AM »
Well I'm starting to see what this virus is doing, it's clearing my passwords/users names from websites pretty much so I'm guessing this a key logger.

Offline Tarq57

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2009, 04:52:46 AM »
You mean it's harvesting them? Or simply disabling the auto-logon? Or actually preventing you accessing your online stuff?
I hope you don't/haven't done banking/credit card purchases with this computer.

fpsgameridrc

« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2009, 04:56:59 AM »
well, more then likely both i dont know, but if it is farming/harvesting my passwords, it will not get my paypal or anything really important.

and I'm not going to log onto anything until i fix this. ... but i dont think i can with out buying anything -.-

Offline Tarq57

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2009, 05:05:16 AM »
Try this.
And try MBAM, from here.

pinnacle

« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2009, 05:05:28 AM »
why don't you backup your files if you have not done so already and wipe the hard drive clean and reformat,  geez thats what  i would  do not worth taking a chance sitting back and letting whatever this is doing anymore possible damage. i mean look at the time it took since your initial post you could have had that all done already.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2009, 05:07:54 AM by pinnacle »

fpsgameridrc

« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2009, 05:10:30 AM »
why don't you backup your files if you have not done so already and wipe the hard drive clean and reformat,  geez thats what  i would  do not worth taking a chance sitting back and letting whatever this is doing anymore possible damage. i mean look at the time it took since your initial post you could have had that all done already.

I'd lose more by delete everything then just a few website passwords, i'd rather take a day or two to get rid of this then spendcountless hours tyrying to find all my music, games, and ect

fpsgameridrc

« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2009, 05:16:51 AM »
Try this.
And try MBAM, from here.

prevx would be great but it doesnt delete the malware unless i buy it which i dont have the money for...

currently running MBAM. so far so good, its not fully done scanning but i hope it gets everything.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2009, 05:27:02 AM by fpsgameridrc »