Author Topic: When I try to get to my Yahoo E-mail or any other 1, my Window (IE) closes!  (Read 3570 times)

caspianshark

Hello everyone,
I have a problem with my Internet for the past one month. Here it goes...
As soon as I logg on to the internet (Dial up connection), I am OK if I am on a news website like CNN or Google, etc...
But as soon as I try to get to my Yahoo mail or Lycos mail, or download something (a lot of web sites), a "message window" opens up and says: Window must close and sorry for the inconvinient (something like that). Then, I have option of sending this erorr to Microsoft web site or not. I am sure all of you have seen this erorr message once in a while. But this is getting redicules. Anyway, I was able to download a free version of Avast Anti Virus and check my Laptop (Compaq Armada 7800). I have Window 98 (first edition). Then, Avast found 6 different Viruses on my PC and was able to delete 5 of them, but not the last one which was called: SoBig-F virus. After I found out where it was sitting, I went to SAFE MODE and could delete it from there and also go to Registry (regedit) and delete its traces in there.
Unfortunetly all this did not resoleve my issue and I still have the same issue. I cannot get to most web sites that I need to go. My friend thinks the only option I have is, to re install my Win98 again, but I don't wanna lose all these files that i have. Does anyone know how I can fix this, PLEASE?
Thank you so much every1.

Stephan123

download the Fixtool Sobig from here http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/FixSbigF.exe
its 172 kb and scan with that tool in normal mode and in Safe mode