Author Topic: system tray icons are bluey grey  (Read 3646 times)

50something

system tray icons are bluey grey
« on: June 16, 2004, 11:44:43 PM »
Ever since I loaded Avast 4 Home a few weeks ago onto my computer (the host on a 2-computer peer to peer network), the blue ball icons in the system tray appear to be a greyblue colour. I'm running XPHome. However, the client computer on my network has bright blue ball icons - running W2KPro.
Can anyone explain why this is.
Thanks.

Offline MikeBCda

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
Re:system tray icons are bluey grey
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2004, 01:57:22 AM »
Probably no more than diferences in respective video hardware and drivers, assuming the icons rotate normally when they should be active.  So don't worry about it.

Judging from previous postings here, probably the majority of us see the icon as blue-gray, but I've also seen them described as anywhere from bright blue to all-gray depending on the system.  The main thing, of course, is whether avast seems to be running properly.
Intel Atom D2700, 2 gig RAM, Win 7 x64 SP1 & IE-11, Firefox 51.0
(default). 320 gig HD, 15Mb DSL, Win firewall, Avast 12.3.2280 free, SpywareBlaster, MBAM Prem., Crypto-Prevent

CharleyO

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2004, 04:24:59 AM »

50something - I use W98SE and the avast! icon on the tray is a medium blue with a slight shine to it. But, it spins around and everything works normal.

I would suspect, as Mike said, that the icon color has much to do with the color settings, monitors, and video cards you are using in the 2 computers. Most likely, neither has the same settings nor video cards ... though you may be using the same model monitors. If not, there's the third reason the icons may not appear the exact same color    :)  

50something

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2004, 11:25:04 PM »
Yes they do rotate, so everything must be okay.Thanks guys, for the reassurance.

50something