Author Topic: Unknown Error After Recent Update  (Read 3547 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.


  • Guest
Unknown Error After Recent Update
« on: June 17, 2004, 11:49:13 PM »
Hi Everyone!

Was wondering if any of you just recently updated their Avast Pro 4.1 and got this error:

Unknown error.
Storage cannot be created for the ''Splash'' task.


Unknown error.
Cofiguration is not loaded properly. Error: dbsCreateObject


Unknown error.
Program cannot save parameteres to the storage! [Error:

Avast then crashes completely and disappears from the tray icon.

Looking @ the event viewer in Windows XP Pro SP1 - I found the following under antivirus:

_ASWSIMPLE program run information: CaswSimplePos::LoadWindowMove() failed.
_ODBC function INSERT INTO LocalObjects (Id, Type, Label, Comment, CreationTime, Creator) VALUES (1090212992, 1, '*DefTask0', '', 1087507549, 0); failed. Error description: [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Unknown.  

the error is repeated a dozen times in Event Viewer

This occured right after the last update released - a couple of hours ago!!! Help please ???
« Last Edit: June 17, 2004, 11:57:20 PM by Tekki »

Online DavidR

  • Avast √úberevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • *****
  • Posts: 89014
  • No support PMs thanks
Re:Unknown Error After Recent Update
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2004, 12:14:22 AM »
A search on dbsCreateObject on these forums returns lots of hits and should be your first port of call.

This thread does deal with the same error and should help, otherwise complete the search that I did to find this thread and more.

There is a wealth of information on these forums, all you have to do is look, search for the error such as 'dbsCreateObject' in this case and see what comes up.

HTH David
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security


  • Guest
Re:Unknown Error After Recent Update
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2004, 12:24:27 AM »
Thanx a mill...

Database=XML worked like a charm- V


« Last Edit: June 18, 2004, 12:28:50 AM by Tekki »