Author Topic: AVAST is deleting not a virus Private file, Game sodtware updater  (Read 5443 times)

zhelev81

Prease check the file and remove it for your DB because this is just updater for a private anti-cheat gameing software ... is not virus or worm or whatsoever ... pls fix this as soon as you can.

Thank you in advance

file :

http://account8.hit.bg/GAC%20Anti-Cheat.exe

spg SCOTT

Re: AVAST is deleting not a virus Private file, Game sodtware updater
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2010, 02:27:09 PM »
Hi zhelev81, welcome to the forum :)

How big is the file? I think the size limit is 10MB, so if it is smaller than that, please could you upload the file to www.virustotal.com to confirm if it is a false positive and report back with the link to the results?
It may be the case that it has already been scanned, if so click on the button

There is a fairly high service load at the moment, so it may take some time...

You could also send the file in a password protected archive to virus(at)avast(dot)com with 'potential false positive' in the subject line and the password in the email body.

or

You could add the file to the user files of the virus chest and send it from there:

Right click avast icon in taskbar -->click start avast antivirus -->right click scanner background --> click virus chest --> navigate to user files --> click add files -->
right click file -->email to alwil software.

NOTE:
The file will actually be uploaded when the next update is performed (you can do a manual update to initiate the sending)

You could also add a link to this thread and some more information when you do.

...You can't do this with the file securely in the chest, you need to extract it to a temporary (not original) location first, see below.

Create a folder called Suspect in the C:\ drive, e.g. C:\Suspect. Now exclude that folder in the Standard Shield, Customize, Advanced, Add, type (or copy and paste) C:\Suspect\* That will stop the standard shield scanning any file you put in that folder. You should now be able to export any file in the chest to this folder and upload it to VirusTotal without avast alerting.

-Scott-

zhelev81

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2010, 02:43:01 PM »
yes it's detected like a virus but there is no virus

http://www.virustotal.com/analisis/63d562693367fbd437f703b0e10f12a507e93d10c8ec07dbb9f3edc7d974c8ac-1263649153

i reported it to kaspersky already and they said it's clean ... i'll go trough all av-s and report it ... the file is clean

pls check it

thank you

spg SCOTT

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2010, 02:57:37 PM »
I am not too sure on that, there is a chance that it is a FP, with 8 Detections (GDATA uses avast! engine, so that is the same detection)

The best way to get the file analysed would be to follow my instructions above, and send it directly to ALWIL

zhelev81

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2010, 10:03:09 PM »
i sent it to the email you gave me ... i hope they will remove it as soon as possible ... and the exe is not even protected they can see what it's doing .... omg ... crazy things happen latly ! :o

zhelev81

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2010, 12:28:13 PM »
i left my email but by now i haven't got anything from them :(

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2010, 05:29:40 PM »
They normally don't contact you unless they need more information. Periodically scan the file from inside Chest, after VPS updates, when it is no longer detected you can restore the file/ to their original location/s.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

zhelev81

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2010, 03:04:12 AM »
i still have complain that file is detected like a worm ... they did not checked it yet ? 2 days :(

what i should do ?

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2010, 03:52:44 AM »
This is obviously at your own risk:

If you believe that it is a false positive and accept the risk then - In the meantime, add it to the exclusions lists:
Standard Shield, Customize, Advanced, Add and
Program Settings, Exclusions (right click the avast ' a ' icon)

Restore it to its original location, right click on the file in the chest, select Restore...
Periodically check it (scan it in the chest), there should still be a copy in the chest even though you restored it to the original location. When it is no longer detected then you can also remove it from the Standard Shield and Program Settings, exclusions.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

zhelev81

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2010, 12:35:20 PM »
I do not think you understood what i'm trying to say ... i send the file to avast and they did not check it because is still detecting it like a worrm or whatever ,... the file is created by person who i trust and is 100 % clean ,Kaspersky already removed it from their DB and they confirm that is clean ,why here the avast owners do not provide such support ... they can easy send mail and say yes this is false ,i'm sorry like kaspersky did ?

how long i have to wait one 370 kb game software updater to be scanned and seen that is nothing harmfull in it ?

thank you again and i hope you can help :|

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2010, 04:28:18 PM »
I understand exactly what you said, but there is nothing I can do as an avast user to speed that process up.

All I have done is offer a work around whilst it is resolved, based on your comment "what i should do ?" Since I don't what it is that you should do my interpretation is you want to be able to run the game and you can't do so with avast detecting the anti-cheat file, so I gave a way to do that.