Author Topic: FP - Win 32: Trojan-gen  (Read 2778 times)

W3FSY

FP - Win 32: Trojan-gen
« on: January 20, 2010, 02:42:56 AM »
I keep getting in deeper and deeper running scans all day today and need Help.

I ran MBAM this morning and everything came up as no infections on all (3) User Accounts used.

Proceeded to run SAS scan and I got a Avast Warning while running SAS that lxczweb.exe file was found, but another program was in use. Possibly the Standard Shield for Avast was not allowing for me to do anything with the infection, so I proceeded to run Avast AV afterwards only to find out that the infections were dated 7/13/2006. Later, I updated SAS with the newer Updates and the Lexmark Printer (lxczweb.exe) file was not flagged as being infected.

I ran another Avast scan and now instead of 3 files in Avast's Chest, I now have 5 files with having tried to restore 2 of them. When I would scan the files, I was not getting anything except that a temp folder was created with restoring 2 of the files. All 5 files are in the Chest after running another AV scan.

Is this something that needed to be added to the Standard Shield to prevent it from being scanned??

Sign of "Win 32:Trojan-gen was found in:
"C:\Windows\System 32\Spool\Drivers\W32 x86\3\lxczweb.exe" file.

Also found in:
"C:\Windows\System 32\Spool\Drivers\W32 x86\Lexmark_1200_Series 8142\lxczweb.exe" file.

"C:\Program files\Lexmark 1200 Series\Drivers\lxczweb.ex_\lxczweb.exe" file.

TIA, Ron

W3FSY

Re: FP - Win 32: Trojan-gen
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2010, 02:46:39 AM »
I forgot to mention that I have Avast Free version 4.8.1368 installed.

W3FSY

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2010, 03:42:12 AM »
 :) Good Gosh! I more than logged off and had a new Vps update (100119-1).

I scanned all the infected files within the Chest and "No Viruses". I just ran a  Standard Scan including archive files and everything looks "Great" with no infected files showing.

I had a workout with scans today, Gang.  ;)

CharleyO

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2010, 09:16:02 PM »

We are happy that all is well now.   :)