Author Topic: no avast icons  (Read 1958 times)

quinn

no avast icons
« on: January 20, 2010, 04:03:00 PM »
I don't know what happened but according to avast I have a virus. I can't seem to d/l avast so that the icons will appear although it will do a boot-time scan. These forums which I have never used before seem to be for the extremely tech saavy elite. I am not! I don't know why there's not tech help from avast. I spent almost all last night reading the forum posts pertaing to viruses or d/l and I do not understand most of them. I had assumed that since I had 7 providers runing that I would be better protected from a virus. I also just purchased Avast after using the free version for almost 5 years. When I try and view the virus chest it say that there is no R p R ? communication or something like that. I am on my parents computer so I don't know it exactly. If there are more precise directions for properly d/l ing avast I sure would like to know because I purchased the program for all 4 computers. If i'm not using it correctly maybe Avast could let me know and offer some help. Thank you!

emantoyaks

Re: no avast icons
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2010, 04:09:05 PM »
try to scan your PC using http://malwarebytes.org and then try to reinstall again your Avast...^^