Author Topic: Avast 5 - How To Create Silent Installation?  (Read 24144 times)

Flexii

Re: Avast 5 - How To Create Silent Installation?
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2010, 02:31:06 PM »
Hi,

the way is to stop the service with : Net Stop /y "avast! antivirus"

But the problem is to execute cmd as admin to do it.

runas /noprofile /user:administrateur cmd doesn't work, he ask me the password...i havn't password on my account...

Any Idea?:)

Martinss

« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2010, 05:32:39 PM »
mm not work selfdefense still active  :-\

EBS

« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2010, 05:59:27 PM »
I received a response from ALWIL support today and they officially confirmed the silent installation feature has been removed from version 5 avast! Pro.  I just wanted to confirm what we all suspected.

EBS

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2010, 06:03:19 PM »
Thanks for the info.
The best things in life are free.

hyjaxltd

« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2010, 08:08:49 PM »
I received a response from ALWIL support today and they officially confirmed the silent installation feature has been removed from version 5 avast! Pro.  I just wanted to confirm what we all suspected.

EBS
Will it be back...Vlk...Alwil tech...???

tenninjas

« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2010, 01:24:00 AM »
Personally, I'm moving elsewhere. Too many good features removed, too many crap things added. Avast used to be a wonderful product, but it's going the wrong way too much now. Support tickets are ignored, and paid customers are told to stuff it when they ask why the very things they paid money for are removed from the software.

Even Microsoft had to learn to listen to their customers; what makes you figure you can ignore us and get away with it?

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2010, 01:27:39 AM »
"too many" removed... like what, for example?

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2010, 01:28:02 AM »
tenninjas, what problem are you experiencing? Couldn't we help?

tenninjas

« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2010, 05:54:36 AM »
My message for the avast team is simply this:

• Bring back the customized silent installation options for professional edition.
  • Add an ignore option for all scans. And before you argue once again, let me state it as plainly as is possible:
    Block is NOT satisfactory - I want the option to tell the entire AV system to ignore and let things carry on.
    BLOCKING IS NOT THE SAME AS IGNORING
  • My privacy is more important than your business. When I need a firewall to prevent my anti-virus from needlessly phoning home - especially when I've explicitly opted out - there's a problem.
  • Updating the program - not once, but every time - resets all me 'Ask me' settings to your defaults. I don't want your defaults, that's why I set my own options. Who are you to decide otherwise?
  • The web shield can't keep up to most power users - it runs the machine to it's connection limit and causes problems. This renders it useless.

You've removed the functionality I've purchased and therefore you either need to return it, or need to refund my money.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2010, 04:39:48 PM »
You've removed the functionality I've purchased and therefore you either need to return it, or need to refund my money.
Why do you think you have the right of that feature? It was announced much earlier, in beta phase, that this feature was dropped down.
Features come and go. I understand your wish. They could bring it back. But you can't say they should bring it back.

ppumkin

« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2010, 02:44:39 PM »
Hello

I found a small workaround on how to insert an activated serial into your silent install.

It should work in a windows post-isntall with a bit of tweaking. I use it as stand alone isntaller from a batch and works great.

Need to follow a specific pattern though. You can find the guide and files on my blog.

http://pkula.blogspot.com/2010/04/how-to-install-avast-5-silent-and.html

Please note on downloading any files use firefox or chrome - or disable security in IE- otherwise it wont download after reCaptcha

Enjoy

Martinss

« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2010, 04:29:44 PM »
Dear friend, you can upload in other site? download stop in 16 MB always.  :-\

PapaSmurf

« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2010, 04:55:00 PM »
My message for the avast team is simply this:

• Add an ignore option for all scans. And before you argue once again, let me state it as plainly as is possible:
    Block is NOT satisfactory - I want the option to tell the entire AV system to ignore and let things carry on.
    BLOCKING IS NOT THE SAME AS IGNORING

I am just trying to understand your position. If you add items to the exclusion list, won't avast ignore them?
It seems to on my machine.

• My privacy is more important than your business. When I need a firewall to prevent my anti-virus from needlessly phoning home - especially when I've explicitly opted out - there's a problem.

I have avast set to manual update. I have not noticed any "phoning home" instances. I keep my system in
standby however, maybe that is the difference.

• Updating the program - not once, but every time - resets all me 'Ask me' settings to your defaults. I don't want your defaults, that's why I set my own options. Who are you to decide otherwise?

Ok, I can see where this is kind of a pain, maybe the dev's can put a quik patch on it. Having said that,
it is NOT the only software that does that, and in some cases, this is done by design to get the user
to review their settings. And as far as who they are, they are the folks that have developed the software
that you have been using successfully for awhile now.

• The web shield can't keep up to most power users - it runs the machine to it's connection limit and causes problems. This renders it useless.

Now, I guess the term "Power User" is meant to describe someone that normally takes their machine right to its'
limits. I put forth to you that users like that will run the machine to its' limits regardless of what software is in
place. That the machine slows down or has problems may be more of a function of the operators usage than
the software slowing it down.

I do understand that by your definition you are now an unhappy customer. However, it sounds like you were a happy customer at one time, presumably before the upgrade, and that you did get the usage you paid for from the software you purchased AT THE TIME. Since this is a new upgrade, new engine and program, and since they charge NOTHING to move you license from one to the other, I fail to understand your refund request.
Anyway, I hope things work out for you. Have a good day.[/list]