Author Topic: try to configure the memory level  (Read 2311 times)

associates

try to configure the memory level
« on: January 22, 2010, 04:14:41 AM »
HI,

I am new to Avast and am looking to try the software out on my network. My current AV sophos is due to be expired next week so it's about to give another program a try.

I have installed a trial 30 days version Avast Pro 4 on my testing PC here. I seem to be having trouble configuring it so that when it scans C-drive in the background, it does not use memory extensively. This could be annoying especially that it would slow down your work quite substantially. Are there anyone who might be able to share your knowledge on this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: try to configure the memory level
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2010, 04:20:20 AM »
I would suggest trying avast 5.0 which has just been released 2 days ago after 3 months beta testing as that would be likely be what would be on your system/s.

Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

carlcc

Re: try to configure the memory level
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2010, 04:21:01 AM »
HI,

I am new to Avast and am looking to try the software out on my network. My current AV sophos is due to be expired next week so it's about to give another program a try.

I have installed a trial 30 days version Avast Pro 4 on my testing PC here. I seem to be having trouble configuring it so that when it scans C-drive in the background, it does not use memory extensively. This could be annoying especially that it would slow down your work quite substantially. Are there anyone who might be able to share your knowledge on this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance

I am a newbie as well.
But i always shut down all other softwares when i use Avast to scan my computer.
Cuz' I know the memory of my computer is not enough.