Author Topic: Update from Avast 4,8 PRO to 5 PRO  (Read 6355 times)

ultracool

Update from Avast 4,8 PRO to 5 PRO
« on: January 29, 2010, 11:59:43 AM »
Hi.
I just bought a license for Avast PRO 2 weeks ago, Can I get my version updated from 4,8 to 5 without buying a new license? In that case, how do I do it?

Offline Cahya Legawa

• Oh, here we are again.
    • Website
Re: Update from Avast 4,8 PRO to 5 PRO
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2010, 01:33:10 PM »
Hi.
I just bought a license for Avast PRO 2 weeks ago, Can I get my version updated from 4,8 to 5 without buying a new license? In that case, how do I do it?

Yes you can.

Go to maintenance >> subscription >> click get license file from avast 4.8 license key or something sound like that. And follow the next step, you should get .license file via email which you insert to the program.

OR

Directly go to: http://www.avast.com/resend-license.php to get your valid avast 4.8 license key into avast 5.0 license file.
Avast Security Premium - Windows 10, Android, iPadOS. | Avast One Free - Windows 11

ultracool

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2010, 10:44:48 PM »
Thanks a lot for help, case closed  :D

Offline Cahya Legawa

• Oh, here we are again.
    • Website
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2010, 12:48:44 PM »
Thanks a lot for help, case closed  :D

You are welcome..., and welcome to avast forum:)
Avast Security Premium - Windows 10, Android, iPadOS. | Avast One Free - Windows 11

slybo

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2010, 07:50:46 PM »
Cahya or anyone who knows, I clicked on the link you provided to get the pro license and it goes to the web page but I went to the same site a day ago and saw it as it was under the support area of avast in License Center. Now when I go to the License Center the only thing there is for the free version. So now I wonder if they have pulled it off the site for some reason and if the site you give will still be good to use. I was just waiting for some time to pass before doing the upgrade from Pro 4 to 5. Thanks for any help

slybo

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2010, 08:50:34 PM »
I decided to go ahead and try the link provided here. I use aol email and received and email right away. But there was no file attached, instead there was a lot of information inserted into the body of the email that looks like what should be in a file of this type. Of course I was thinking I would get a file that was an attachment that I would download to a location on my computer and could then insert into the new 5.0. I have not download the new Pro 5 yet I was just getting what I needed before I do. Can anyone help.

Offline Cahya Legawa

• Oh, here we are again.
    • Website
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2010, 09:52:16 AM »
I decided to go ahead and try the link provided here. I use aol email and received and email right away. But there was no file attached, instead there was a lot of information inserted into the body of the email that looks like what should be in a file of this type. Of course I was thinking I would get a file that was an attachment that I would download to a location on my computer and could then insert into the new 5.0. I have not download the new Pro 5 yet I was just getting what I needed before I do. Can anyone help.

Dear sylbo,

I got email from support@avast.com which said this in the body email (only short message):

Dear customer,

thank you for your recent purchase of avast! antivirus software. The attached file is your license for avast5.

Best regards,
the avast! team

And there is an attachment: license.avastlic

So do you mean that you didn't get any message like this?

slybo

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2010, 02:26:51 AM »
I did not get an attachment. Only what was in the body of the email. In another post it was said it could be because of AOL email not handling the attachment the right way. I do not have another email and have not had problems in the past so I am going to write to support and see if they can send it. Thanks for the reply.