Author Topic: Avast add-in to Outlook 2007 errors  (Read 5668 times)

rmps01

Avast add-in to Outlook 2007 errors
« on: January 27, 2010, 02:18:35 AM »
After installing Avast 5 Internet Suite to my laptop (running Win 7 Ultimate and Office 2007 Ultimate), I get errors when composing new email or repliing to email in Outlook.

The following error pops up when composing a new mail:
The call to GetCustomUI() for RibbonID "Microsoft.Outlook.Mail.Compose" failed.

The title bar states:
Custom UI Runtime Error in avast! Antispam.

Please advise.

Avast version 5.0.377
Windows 7 Ultimate
Microsoft Office Ultimate 2007:  Outlook SP2 MSO version 12.0.6425.1000

watchdog2003

Re: Avast add-in to Outlook 2007 errors
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2010, 03:58:21 PM »
Getting error messages using Outlook ADD-IN, using Microsoft Office 2007 Enterprise and today current Avast v5. 

An additional Microsoft Outlook displayed message invites Disable Avast Add-in YES or NO.  So far I have resisted the disable option

KDMX

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2010, 01:20:23 PM »
Just upgraded to Avast Internet Security 5 myself this morning (4 Feb 2010) and started having issues with Outlook 2007. Outlook stopped working due to a "conflict with Avast Anti-spam." Outlook attempted to repair itself then restarted. The second time Outlook crashed it actually disabled the Avast Antispam add-on, I had to go into Outlook and turn it back on.  Does Outlook 2007's antispam application need to be turned off to use Avast's antispam? If so, how is this done--correctly? My concern is that I get repeat spam offenders in Outlook that Outlook by itself seemingly fails to block from future receipts. Thanks.

k.u.r.t

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2010, 01:27:53 PM »
rmps, watchdog:
thanks for reporting this.

@rmps: The fix has been put in place - expect it in the next public build

@watchdog:
are you using the latest public build (5.0.396)?

What and when exactly do you see odd behaviour happening? Where do you click, how does the problem propagate itself etc...

It would be useful to get some more feedback. (possibly screenshots)

If your problem is different from that rmps was having and if you still experience issues then try to look for the file asoutext.log in the avast log directory and send me that please.
c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Alwil Software\Avast5\Log (WinXP)
c:\ProgramData\Alwil Software\Avast5\Log
« Last Edit: February 04, 2010, 02:44:02 PM by k.u.r.t »