Author Topic: Avast5 Incompleted, video scan here  (Read 5840 times)

nampt

olddog

Re: Avast5 Incompleted, video scan here
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2010, 02:18:48 PM »
And your point is ?

Hermite15

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2010, 03:22:00 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2seBBotX2Nw

what are you talking about ??? you scan completed and detected 52 threats, so ??? your system seems over infected, what was your point exactly?

ps: are you scanning in the street?  ;D (background sounds...)
« Last Edit: February 09, 2010, 03:23:42 PM by Logos »

nampt

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2010, 08:00:49 AM »
After scan, virus have existed in USB (access to folder in USB: thread found).

Offline Shiw Liang

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2010, 08:07:03 AM »
Because you haven't clicked on the result and haven't deleted the infected files :)
« Last Edit: February 11, 2010, 08:11:53 AM by The Magician Of The Silver Sky »

ArtemisF0wl

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2010, 08:14:04 AM »
instead of this being a knock on Avast!, this is actually a ringing endorsement . after the scan, you should choose "show results" and deal with the threats.

Gohoos81

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2010, 08:15:25 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2seBBotX2Nw

I imagine your point is that while avast picked up various threats on your computer after an on-demand scan, that same scan failed to clear malware from your system as evidenced by the file system shield alarm warnings while browsing folders in explorer.

If this is the gist of the video, as you probably know, default settings for avast! 5 requires user selected actions once a scan is complete (you did not advance the screen to select from available treatment options following the on-demand scan).  By default, there is not an automatic quarantine/repair option applied to detected malware for on-demand scans.  There is, however, automatic treatment (quarantine, by default) of malware detected by the real-time shields (or "abort connection" in the case of the web shield).  This is probably why your file system shield kept generating alarms following your on-demand scan.  You can change the behavior of your scans to apply preselected treatment options automatically if you edit scan options.

Offline Shiw Liang

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2010, 08:20:15 AM »
I think he/she don't have to worry because when a threat is detected it is automatically send to the chest if you think you don't need these files anymore then you can delete them from your chest but you should be sure of what you are doing :)

nampt

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2010, 02:50:41 AM »
I think, I'm a normal user, and I want Avast has a default selection is quite good if I do not know option.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2010, 01:25:46 AM by nampt »

nampt

« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2010, 09:43:29 AM »
My Idea is true or false? Please help me!

Offline Dwarden

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Ideas, that's ocean without borders!
    • Bohemia Interactive
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2010, 02:45:17 PM »
i think he is trying to say that by default
all looks ok unless he change the automatic actions manually or choose to view results and decide manually what to do ...

so i assume he is missing some sort of sound&visual alert after the test is done and something 'bad was found'
https://twitter.com/FoltynD , Tech. Community, Online Services & Distribution manager of Bohemia Interactive

nampt

« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2010, 08:52:12 PM »
I ghost windows for my customers everyday, every 10 minutes. after ghost a automatic process: setup free antivirus, update it, insert key, scan (D:, E:, ...), shutdown. Manual setup? Oh dear, die away. More, my customers can't know what is virus, avast, English (even Vietnamese do not need to read). Here is my Ghost CD: http://nampt.com/fwlink/?LinkId=11 (google translate)
Leaving avast soon and find a free antivirus support full command line
« Last Edit: April 11, 2010, 06:55:26 PM by nampt »

Hermite15

« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2010, 07:12:36 PM »
what's the point of this thread again ??? and why do you use a "svastika" for icon on your web site ???

doktornotor

« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2010, 07:20:47 PM »
what's the point of this thread again ??? and why do you use a "svastika" for icon on your web site ???

See, that symbol means something completely different in those parts of the world...