Author Topic: cannot find where to enter registration key  (Read 2294 times)

Anderson2

cannot find where to enter registration key
« on: February 09, 2010, 09:56:29 PM »
I recently installed Avast Free (version is 5.0.396) on my XP SP3 computer.  Instead of the usual blue icon I now have a red icon!! Don't know why.

I registered and got my registration email but I have no way to enter the key to register this Avast installation. When I click on "About Avast" I get a very different screen than the one shown in the tutorial and there is nowhere to enter the registration number.  It is an entirely different interface than what I was accustomed to in Avast Free installations I have used in the past.

What do I do?

Thanks.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: cannot find where to enter registration key
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2010, 10:06:26 PM »
you can register from inside avast 5 free if you are online, and then you don`t need no key

See page 8
http://www.avast.com/documentation/quick-start-guide-free-en-ww.pdf

Anderson2

Re: cannot find where to enter registration key
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2010, 10:21:36 PM »
Thanks for replying, but that does not work for me because Avast tells me I am registered till March 1, 2010.

Because it does not say that I am "unregistered", there is nowhere to click to register as the pdf manual instructs (presumably till that date arrives).  It so happens I will be away on vacation on that date and for some time after. 

I originally got a warning that the registration on my previous installation was running out which is why I clicked on it to register. Actually I had difficulty finding where to register and ended up downloading and installing Avast anew. Now, I do not know what to do?  Help!

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user