Author Topic: AIS firewall  (Read 2609 times)

logo

AIS firewall
« on: February 11, 2010, 03:19:12 AM »
every time I got conneted to the net the firewall pop-up a window~~~That makes me annoyed~~Could any one tell me how to deny the windows~~

zfactor

Re: AIS firewall
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2010, 04:19:56 AM »
the only way i see unless im missing it is to go to firewall expert settings and network profiles turn off the auto profile switching this is what switches between the home or work or public setting for your stored network profiles.

hyjaxltd

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2010, 04:22:28 AM »
the only way i see unless im missing it is to go to firewall expert settings and network profiles turn off the auto profile switching this is what switches between the home or work or public setting for your stored network profiles.
...so with this off, then any connections, without a rule set,  will just go under the current FW setting and not prompt me to choose as well as the above fix?

Offline Vladimyr

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Super(massive black hole) Poster
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2010, 04:40:15 AM »
Does the PC have 2 network cards?
My experience is that if your PC has more that one enabled network interface (RJ45, USBtoLAN, wireless, etc), the firewall asks for confirmation of the settings for the detected network(s). If the connections are bridged, avast! only "sees' one connection and so doesn't advise. (I presumed this was by design.)
There is a way that seems right to a man,
       but in the end it leads to death
.” - Proverbs 16:25